Nov 11, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
If the Flyers ever want to trade newly signed defenseman Braydon Coburn, they’ll likely be limited to a certain number of teams they can talk to.
The Philadelphia Daily News is reporting that Coburn has a modified no-trade clause attached to his four-year, $18-million deal that kicks in next season.
No specifics were provided, but you know how these things work – if the Flyers want to shop Coburn they’ll ask him to submit a list of X teams he’s willing to go to, or X teams he refuses to go to, or maybe there’s a window of time in which he can be traded or not traded…really, whatever they negotiate.
I don’t see the Flyers trading Coburn anyway. Not with Chris Pronger, 37, and Kimmo Timonen, 36, getting on in years. Pronger’s signed until 2016-17, but the last two years were tacked on with a peanuts salary (relatively speaking) to bring the cap hit down.
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 0
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 28
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 27
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 47
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 13
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 95
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 28
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 58
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings