Nov 10, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
If you’ve missed the fever pitch that was the Taylor Hall vs. Tyler Seguin debate that raged before the 2010 draft, today is your lucky day. With the Oilers in Boston to take on the Bruins, we’ll get to relive the fun of the debate all over again by seeing the two top picks from that draft face off against each other.
The difference between when they faced each other last season and this one is that they’re both finally primary players for their teams. Seguin has evolved into one of Boston’s best scoring threats. With eight goals and seven assists, he’s the Bruins’ top guy in points. Not bad for a 19 year-old kid on the defending Stanley Cup champions.
Hall, meanwhile, is picking up where he left off last season and now he’s teamed up on a line with his fellow youngsters in Jordan Eberle and 2011 top pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. While Nugent-Hopkins is getting all the headlines this year (he’s second on the Oilers in scoring), Hall continues just roll along and do his thing.
While the Oilers and Bruins will forever be compared thanks to these two players thanks to wondering if they each made the right choice in the draft, they’re both at least making sure their teams aren’t having any regrets for the time being. Here’s to hoping the kids put on a show tonight.
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 4
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 23
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 40
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 16
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 31
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 94
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 62
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (91)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- LIVE: Heat, Pacers go to overtime in Game 1
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games