Nov 10, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
If you’ve missed the fever pitch that was the Taylor Hall vs. Tyler Seguin debate that raged before the 2010 draft, today is your lucky day. With the Oilers in Boston to take on the Bruins, we’ll get to relive the fun of the debate all over again by seeing the two top picks from that draft face off against each other.
The difference between when they faced each other last season and this one is that they’re both finally primary players for their teams. Seguin has evolved into one of Boston’s best scoring threats. With eight goals and seven assists, he’s the Bruins’ top guy in points. Not bad for a 19 year-old kid on the defending Stanley Cup champions.
Hall, meanwhile, is picking up where he left off last season and now he’s teamed up on a line with his fellow youngsters in Jordan Eberle and 2011 top pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. While Nugent-Hopkins is getting all the headlines this year (he’s second on the Oilers in scoring), Hall continues just roll along and do his thing.
While the Oilers and Bruins will forever be compared thanks to these two players thanks to wondering if they each made the right choice in the draft, they’re both at least making sure their teams aren’t having any regrets for the time being. Here’s to hoping the kids put on a show tonight.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 43
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)