Nov 10, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
If you’ve missed the fever pitch that was the Taylor Hall vs. Tyler Seguin debate that raged before the 2010 draft, today is your lucky day. With the Oilers in Boston to take on the Bruins, we’ll get to relive the fun of the debate all over again by seeing the two top picks from that draft face off against each other.
The difference between when they faced each other last season and this one is that they’re both finally primary players for their teams. Seguin has evolved into one of Boston’s best scoring threats. With eight goals and seven assists, he’s the Bruins’ top guy in points. Not bad for a 19 year-old kid on the defending Stanley Cup champions.
Hall, meanwhile, is picking up where he left off last season and now he’s teamed up on a line with his fellow youngsters in Jordan Eberle and 2011 top pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. While Nugent-Hopkins is getting all the headlines this year (he’s second on the Oilers in scoring), Hall continues just roll along and do his thing.
While the Oilers and Bruins will forever be compared thanks to these two players thanks to wondering if they each made the right choice in the draft, they’re both at least making sure their teams aren’t having any regrets for the time being. Here’s to hoping the kids put on a show tonight.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 14
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 8
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 9
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)