Nov 10, 2011, 10:56 AM EDT
If you’ve missed the fever pitch that was the Taylor Hall vs. Tyler Seguin debate that raged before the 2010 draft, today is your lucky day. With the Oilers in Boston to take on the Bruins, we’ll get to relive the fun of the debate all over again by seeing the two top picks from that draft face off against each other.
The difference between when they faced each other last season and this one is that they’re both finally primary players for their teams. Seguin has evolved into one of Boston’s best scoring threats. With eight goals and seven assists, he’s the Bruins’ top guy in points. Not bad for a 19 year-old kid on the defending Stanley Cup champions.
Hall, meanwhile, is picking up where he left off last season and now he’s teamed up on a line with his fellow youngsters in Jordan Eberle and 2011 top pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. While Nugent-Hopkins is getting all the headlines this year (he’s second on the Oilers in scoring), Hall continues just roll along and do his thing.
While the Oilers and Bruins will forever be compared thanks to these two players thanks to wondering if they each made the right choice in the draft, they’re both at least making sure their teams aren’t having any regrets for the time being. Here’s to hoping the kids put on a show tonight.
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 0
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 6
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 23
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 5
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 61
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (73)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)