Nov 10, 2011, 7:20 PM EDT
Leafs fans, rejoice – James Reimer should be playing hockey in no time.
Reimer’s agent, Ray Petkau, told TSN that Reimer (concussion symptoms…but not a concussion) passed his baseline testing “with flying colors.”
Presumably that’s a good thing and not, “He got off the couch and saw flying colors.”
Petkau also gave the franchise a vote of confidence for the way it’s handled the young goalie’s injury.
“We are 100 per cent confident the Leafs are handling this situation well and that includes James, his family and all involved,” he said.
I gather the “his family” part was in response to Mother Reimer’s earlier comments.
There’s still no timetable set for his return. (Tired of reading that sentence yet, hockey fans?)
The Leafs are in St. Louis tonight. They host Ottawa and Phoenix on Saturday and Tuesday, respectively.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 0
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 7
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 52
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 24
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 18
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 15
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)