Nov 10, 2011, 7:20 PM EDT
Leafs fans, rejoice – James Reimer should be playing hockey in no time.
Reimer’s agent, Ray Petkau, told TSN that Reimer (concussion symptoms…but not a concussion) passed his baseline testing “with flying colors.”
Presumably that’s a good thing and not, “He got off the couch and saw flying colors.”
Petkau also gave the franchise a vote of confidence for the way it’s handled the young goalie’s injury.
“We are 100 per cent confident the Leafs are handling this situation well and that includes James, his family and all involved,” he said.
I gather the “his family” part was in response to Mother Reimer’s earlier comments.
There’s still no timetable set for his return. (Tired of reading that sentence yet, hockey fans?)
The Leafs are in St. Louis tonight. They host Ottawa and Phoenix on Saturday and Tuesday, respectively.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18