Nov 10, 2011, 7:20 PM EST
Leafs fans, rejoice – James Reimer should be playing hockey in no time.
Reimer’s agent, Ray Petkau, told TSN that Reimer (concussion symptoms…but not a concussion) passed his baseline testing “with flying colors.”
Presumably that’s a good thing and not, “He got off the couch and saw flying colors.”
Petkau also gave the franchise a vote of confidence for the way it’s handled the young goalie’s injury.
“We are 100 per cent confident the Leafs are handling this situation well and that includes James, his family and all involved,” he said.
I gather the “his family” part was in response to Mother Reimer’s earlier comments.
There’s still no timetable set for his return. (Tired of reading that sentence yet, hockey fans?)
The Leafs are in St. Louis tonight. They host Ottawa and Phoenix on Saturday and Tuesday, respectively.
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 1
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 14
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)