Nov 10, 2011, 7:20 PM EDT
Leafs fans, rejoice – James Reimer should be playing hockey in no time.
Reimer’s agent, Ray Petkau, told TSN that Reimer (concussion symptoms…but not a concussion) passed his baseline testing “with flying colors.”
Presumably that’s a good thing and not, “He got off the couch and saw flying colors.”
Petkau also gave the franchise a vote of confidence for the way it’s handled the young goalie’s injury.
“We are 100 per cent confident the Leafs are handling this situation well and that includes James, his family and all involved,” he said.
I gather the “his family” part was in response to Mother Reimer’s earlier comments.
There’s still no timetable set for his return. (Tired of reading that sentence yet, hockey fans?)
The Leafs are in St. Louis tonight. They host Ottawa and Phoenix on Saturday and Tuesday, respectively.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 21
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 34
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51