Nov 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
If you think the Toronto Maple Leafs are worried about James Reimer, there’s no way they can compete with the worries of his mother.
Dave Feschuk of the Toronto Star caught up with Marlene Reimer to find out how her boy is doing in recovering from what the Leafs are saying are whiplash effects. Reimer has missed the Leafs’ last eight games and their hot streak has gone away with Reimer’s health. Is it whiplash though? Mrs. Reimer says she’s worried it’s a concussion.
“That’s the frustrating part for us — not knowing what it is, and why they’re not calling it a concussion when they say ‘concussion-like symptoms,’” Marlene Reimer said. “Like, how is that not a concussion? … The initial test showed him to be clear of a concussion. But as it goes on, it’s kind of mystifying. He’s okay some days. And some days he’s definitely not okay.”
If there’s one thing the Leafs and anyone in hockey should know it’s to not upset mom. You know how a mother gets when she’s worried over her child and you can’t blame her in this instance especially since it wouldn’t be his first concussion. Reimer’s first came when he was just 16 years-old.
The other side of things here is that she’s also a mom and not James’ doctor. Whether or not Reimer is concussed that’s up to the Leafs to disclose it. For now we wait to hear what Reimer’s status is and when he’ll get back, but the Leafs better step on it, you don’t want to see mom when she goes from upset to angry.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)