Nov 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
If you think the Toronto Maple Leafs are worried about James Reimer, there’s no way they can compete with the worries of his mother.
Dave Feschuk of the Toronto Star caught up with Marlene Reimer to find out how her boy is doing in recovering from what the Leafs are saying are whiplash effects. Reimer has missed the Leafs’ last eight games and their hot streak has gone away with Reimer’s health. Is it whiplash though? Mrs. Reimer says she’s worried it’s a concussion.
“That’s the frustrating part for us — not knowing what it is, and why they’re not calling it a concussion when they say ‘concussion-like symptoms,’” Marlene Reimer said. “Like, how is that not a concussion? … The initial test showed him to be clear of a concussion. But as it goes on, it’s kind of mystifying. He’s okay some days. And some days he’s definitely not okay.”
If there’s one thing the Leafs and anyone in hockey should know it’s to not upset mom. You know how a mother gets when she’s worried over her child and you can’t blame her in this instance especially since it wouldn’t be his first concussion. Reimer’s first came when he was just 16 years-old.
The other side of things here is that she’s also a mom and not James’ doctor. Whether or not Reimer is concussed that’s up to the Leafs to disclose it. For now we wait to hear what Reimer’s status is and when he’ll get back, but the Leafs better step on it, you don’t want to see mom when she goes from upset to angry.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 0
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17