Nov 10, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
If you think the Toronto Maple Leafs are worried about James Reimer, there’s no way they can compete with the worries of his mother.
Dave Feschuk of the Toronto Star caught up with Marlene Reimer to find out how her boy is doing in recovering from what the Leafs are saying are whiplash effects. Reimer has missed the Leafs’ last eight games and their hot streak has gone away with Reimer’s health. Is it whiplash though? Mrs. Reimer says she’s worried it’s a concussion.
“That’s the frustrating part for us — not knowing what it is, and why they’re not calling it a concussion when they say ‘concussion-like symptoms,’” Marlene Reimer said. “Like, how is that not a concussion? … The initial test showed him to be clear of a concussion. But as it goes on, it’s kind of mystifying. He’s okay some days. And some days he’s definitely not okay.”
If there’s one thing the Leafs and anyone in hockey should know it’s to not upset mom. You know how a mother gets when she’s worried over her child and you can’t blame her in this instance especially since it wouldn’t be his first concussion. Reimer’s first came when he was just 16 years-old.
The other side of things here is that she’s also a mom and not James’ doctor. Whether or not Reimer is concussed that’s up to the Leafs to disclose it. For now we wait to hear what Reimer’s status is and when he’ll get back, but the Leafs better step on it, you don’t want to see mom when she goes from upset to angry.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)