Nov 10, 2011, 1:27 PM EST
Daniel Alfredsson is a funny guy. He has to be considering the date he’s set to return after suffering a concussion over a week ago against the Rangers. It’s shaping up that Alfredsson will be back tomorrow night for Ottawa in Buffalo against the Sabres.
Tomorrow just happens to be November 11, 2011. 11/11/11 if you’re writing that down on a school test or signing a contract. Alfredsson of course also wears the number 11. Somewhere there’s someone that saw the Jim Carrey movie 23 and they’re having an awful flashback to having seen a terrible movie.
For Ottawa, they’ll be having flashbacks to having their captain back on the ice and trying to be an offensive force for them once again. With four goals and three assists this season in 10 games, there have been glimpses of the old Alfie out there already. They’ll have to hope his concussion recovery went perfect so as to not hamper the soon-to-be 39 year-old’s game.
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 0
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 7
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 20
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11
- Russia’s economic crisis causing big trouble for KHL 56
- Eakins calls for patience in Edmonton, whether fans ‘like it or not’ 15
- Bruins have to ‘step up,’ starting tonight in Nashville 45