Nov 10, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
Daniel Alfredsson is a funny guy. He has to be considering the date he’s set to return after suffering a concussion over a week ago against the Rangers. It’s shaping up that Alfredsson will be back tomorrow night for Ottawa in Buffalo against the Sabres.
Tomorrow just happens to be November 11, 2011. 11/11/11 if you’re writing that down on a school test or signing a contract. Alfredsson of course also wears the number 11. Somewhere there’s someone that saw the Jim Carrey movie 23 and they’re having an awful flashback to having seen a terrible movie.
For Ottawa, they’ll be having flashbacks to having their captain back on the ice and trying to be an offensive force for them once again. With four goals and three assists this season in 10 games, there have been glimpses of the old Alfie out there already. They’ll have to hope his concussion recovery went perfect so as to not hamper the soon-to-be 39 year-old’s game.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)