Nov 10, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
Daniel Alfredsson is a funny guy. He has to be considering the date he’s set to return after suffering a concussion over a week ago against the Rangers. It’s shaping up that Alfredsson will be back tomorrow night for Ottawa in Buffalo against the Sabres.
Tomorrow just happens to be November 11, 2011. 11/11/11 if you’re writing that down on a school test or signing a contract. Alfredsson of course also wears the number 11. Somewhere there’s someone that saw the Jim Carrey movie 23 and they’re having an awful flashback to having seen a terrible movie.
For Ottawa, they’ll be having flashbacks to having their captain back on the ice and trying to be an offensive force for them once again. With four goals and three assists this season in 10 games, there have been glimpses of the old Alfie out there already. They’ll have to hope his concussion recovery went perfect so as to not hamper the soon-to-be 39 year-old’s game.
- 2015 Jack Adams Award finalists: Hartley, Laviolette, Vigneault 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 14
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 41
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 49
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (66)
- Lundqvist thinks Backstrom’s hit caused Rangers to lose focus before game-winning goal (63)