Nov 10, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
Daniel Alfredsson is a funny guy. He has to be considering the date he’s set to return after suffering a concussion over a week ago against the Rangers. It’s shaping up that Alfredsson will be back tomorrow night for Ottawa in Buffalo against the Sabres.
Tomorrow just happens to be November 11, 2011. 11/11/11 if you’re writing that down on a school test or signing a contract. Alfredsson of course also wears the number 11. Somewhere there’s someone that saw the Jim Carrey movie 23 and they’re having an awful flashback to having seen a terrible movie.
For Ottawa, they’ll be having flashbacks to having their captain back on the ice and trying to be an offensive force for them once again. With four goals and three assists this season in 10 games, there have been glimpses of the old Alfie out there already. They’ll have to hope his concussion recovery went perfect so as to not hamper the soon-to-be 39 year-old’s game.
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 2
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)