Nov 9, 2011, 2:02 PM EDT
Caps Breakaway is an ongoing video series where Washington players share inside information about each other. It’s actually pretty cool. Rather than the usual platitudes about sticking to the process and taking it one shift at a time, the Caps discuss topics that force them out of their shells a little bit.
All good, but the latest installment might top them all: Who drives the worst car?
It sounds like Brooks Laich has the worst ride of the lot, with Jay Beagle finishing a distant second. And I know it only got mentioned in passing, but there’s a special place reserved in hipsterville for Mike Green’s pylon-orange Vespa.
(Also, someone please explain to me Michal Neuvirth‘s irrational hatred of trucks. Don’t get that one.)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (61)