Nov 9, 2011, 10:46 PM EST
Sometimes the 82-game regular season can produce games that just blend into one another. Other times, there are games like the Lightning’s 2-1 overtime win that have everything from chess-like strategy to OT game winners. On Tuesday night, there may not have been fireworks on the scoreboard, but Steve Downie and Braydon Coburn did their best to light up the crowd for a few minutes.
It’s been a busy day for Coburn. This morning he signed a 4-year contract extension with the Flyers. Then he was asked to hold the puck and just stand in his own zone while the Lightning waited in the neutral zone. Finally, he dropped the gloves, helmet, and visor as he danced with Lightning pest Steve Downie. At what point did Downie start questioning his decision to fight a man that is six inches taller and 30 pounds heavier?
The only way this could have been a fair fight is if it were Aaron Downey.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35