Nov 9, 2011, 10:46 PM EDT
Sometimes the 82-game regular season can produce games that just blend into one another. Other times, there are games like the Lightning’s 2-1 overtime win that have everything from chess-like strategy to OT game winners. On Tuesday night, there may not have been fireworks on the scoreboard, but Steve Downie and Braydon Coburn did their best to light up the crowd for a few minutes.
It’s been a busy day for Coburn. This morning he signed a 4-year contract extension with the Flyers. Then he was asked to hold the puck and just stand in his own zone while the Lightning waited in the neutral zone. Finally, he dropped the gloves, helmet, and visor as he danced with Lightning pest Steve Downie. At what point did Downie start questioning his decision to fight a man that is six inches taller and 30 pounds heavier?
The only way this could have been a fair fight is if it were Aaron Downey.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 30
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 3
- Report: Chiarelli to join Oilers’ front office 31
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)