Nov 9, 2011, 10:46 PM EST
Sometimes the 82-game regular season can produce games that just blend into one another. Other times, there are games like the Lightning’s 2-1 overtime win that have everything from chess-like strategy to OT game winners. On Tuesday night, there may not have been fireworks on the scoreboard, but Steve Downie and Braydon Coburn did their best to light up the crowd for a few minutes.
It’s been a busy day for Coburn. This morning he signed a 4-year contract extension with the Flyers. Then he was asked to hold the puck and just stand in his own zone while the Lightning waited in the neutral zone. Finally, he dropped the gloves, helmet, and visor as he danced with Lightning pest Steve Downie. At what point did Downie start questioning his decision to fight a man that is six inches taller and 30 pounds heavier?
The only way this could have been a fair fight is if it were Aaron Downey.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54