Nov 9, 2011, 10:46 PM EDT
Sometimes the 82-game regular season can produce games that just blend into one another. Other times, there are games like the Lightning’s 2-1 overtime win that have everything from chess-like strategy to OT game winners. On Tuesday night, there may not have been fireworks on the scoreboard, but Steve Downie and Braydon Coburn did their best to light up the crowd for a few minutes.
It’s been a busy day for Coburn. This morning he signed a 4-year contract extension with the Flyers. Then he was asked to hold the puck and just stand in his own zone while the Lightning waited in the neutral zone. Finally, he dropped the gloves, helmet, and visor as he danced with Lightning pest Steve Downie. At what point did Downie start questioning his decision to fight a man that is six inches taller and 30 pounds heavier?
The only way this could have been a fair fight is if it were Aaron Downey.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 6
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)