Nov 9, 2011, 10:46 PM EDT
Sometimes the 82-game regular season can produce games that just blend into one another. Other times, there are games like the Lightning’s 2-1 overtime win that have everything from chess-like strategy to OT game winners. On Tuesday night, there may not have been fireworks on the scoreboard, but Steve Downie and Braydon Coburn did their best to light up the crowd for a few minutes.
It’s been a busy day for Coburn. This morning he signed a 4-year contract extension with the Flyers. Then he was asked to hold the puck and just stand in his own zone while the Lightning waited in the neutral zone. Finally, he dropped the gloves, helmet, and visor as he danced with Lightning pest Steve Downie. At what point did Downie start questioning his decision to fight a man that is six inches taller and 30 pounds heavier?
The only way this could have been a fair fight is if it were Aaron Downey.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)