Nov 9, 2011, 10:10 PM EDT
The headline may be up for discussion. Some will say that the Flyers were stalling to pull the Tampa Bay Lightning out of their 1-3-1 defensive system. Others will say that the Lightning started the stall tactics by employing a defensive system that won’t go passed the offensive blueline. Either way, there was stalling out on the ice and looked nothing like the NHL we’ve grown to watch and love.
This is what it looks like when a prevent defense meets a four corners offense. Snoozefest.
Check it out and let us know what you think in the comments. Is this something the league needs to step in and deal with immediately? Should the Flyers be forced to move the puck or should the Lightning be forced to move out of their defensive system?
Update (11:15 EST): Watch Mike Milbury and Keith Jones weigh in on the weirdness.
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 28
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 25