Nov 9, 2011, 10:10 PM EST
The headline may be up for discussion. Some will say that the Flyers were stalling to pull the Tampa Bay Lightning out of their 1-3-1 defensive system. Others will say that the Lightning started the stall tactics by employing a defensive system that won’t go passed the offensive blueline. Either way, there was stalling out on the ice and looked nothing like the NHL we’ve grown to watch and love.
This is what it looks like when a prevent defense meets a four corners offense. Snoozefest.
Check it out and let us know what you think in the comments. Is this something the league needs to step in and deal with immediately? Should the Flyers be forced to move the puck or should the Lightning be forced to move out of their defensive system?
Update (11:15 EST): Watch Mike Milbury and Keith Jones weigh in on the weirdness.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)