Nov 9, 2011, 9:45 PM EDT
The Sporting News has been naming some of the best cities around the sports landscape. When the decided to weigh in on the NHL, they went straight to Montreal and awarded fans of bleu blanc et rouge the crown of “Best NHL City.”
Montreal certainly has a good argument. There are the 25 Stanley Cups. There’s the religion-like fervor surrounding every move of the team for 12 months every year. There’s the magical atmosphere at the Bell Centre. There are the burning police cars. (Hint: one of these doesn’t help their case).
In light of the Sporting News’ pronouncement – and since we’re all about democracy around here – we wanted to poll the readers to find out what you think. Here’s a list of all the teams that sold out each of their games last season.
The question is simple: what is the best NHL city in North America?
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7