Nov 9, 2011, 9:45 PM EDT
The Sporting News has been naming some of the best cities around the sports landscape. When the decided to weigh in on the NHL, they went straight to Montreal and awarded fans of bleu blanc et rouge the crown of “Best NHL City.”
Montreal certainly has a good argument. There are the 25 Stanley Cups. There’s the religion-like fervor surrounding every move of the team for 12 months every year. There’s the magical atmosphere at the Bell Centre. There are the burning police cars. (Hint: one of these doesn’t help their case).
In light of the Sporting News’ pronouncement – and since we’re all about democracy around here – we wanted to poll the readers to find out what you think. Here’s a list of all the teams that sold out each of their games last season.
The question is simple: what is the best NHL city in North America?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5