Nov 9, 2011, 9:45 PM EDT
The Sporting News has been naming some of the best cities around the sports landscape. When the decided to weigh in on the NHL, they went straight to Montreal and awarded fans of bleu blanc et rouge the crown of “Best NHL City.”
Montreal certainly has a good argument. There are the 25 Stanley Cups. There’s the religion-like fervor surrounding every move of the team for 12 months every year. There’s the magical atmosphere at the Bell Centre. There are the burning police cars. (Hint: one of these doesn’t help their case).
In light of the Sporting News’ pronouncement – and since we’re all about democracy around here – we wanted to poll the readers to find out what you think. Here’s a list of all the teams that sold out each of their games last season.
The question is simple: what is the best NHL city in North America?
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)