Nov 9, 2011, 1:28 PM EDT
Today is Shanaban-free.
Chuck Gormley of CSN Washington reports that NHL spokesman John Dellapina said Washington D John Erskine won’t be fined or suspended for his hit on Dallas’ Trevor Daley. This news on the heels of the NHL’s ruling that Minnesota’s Nick Johnson won’t be fined or suspended for his alleged headbutt on Jarome Iginla.
You can see the hit at the 30 second mark of this video:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
And here’s all the relevant information:
— Erskine got a two-minute boarding penalty on the play.
— From the Washington Times: “Daley’s head looks back at Erskine as the hit is coming, so it’s not a blind-side check. Daley’s head is the principle point of contact. Erskine’s intent was to finish a check, but he led with his elbow or forearm. Daley was down for a few seconds but was not injured on the play.”
— Daley and Erskine were teammates in Dallas from 2003-05.
— Erskine: “I went to go hit him, I know the guy so I wasn’t going in intending to do a head shot or anything. It was accidental.”
Without speculating too much, Erskine might’ve avoided supplemental discipline because he’s not a repeat offender.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)