Nov 9, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
We hinted at it this morning during PHT’s Morning Skate, but the Flyers confirmed it this afternoon. Chris Pronger will be back in the lineup tonight as the Flyers take on Tampa Bay and for a Philly team on the rebound from some ugly defensive lapses, it’s a welcome relief.
For Pronger, he’ll reclaim his spot on the top pairing next to Matt Carle and look to patrol the ice tonight keeping an eye out for Martin St. Louis and some guy named Steve Stamkos. Getting Pronger back in the lineup is, of course, a huge relief for the Flyers as they thought they’d be without him for a while after suffering a terrifying eye injury a couple weeks ago.
Instead, Pronger will be back on the ice tonight sporting a visor. He hates having to wear the visor but he wouldn’t be cleared to play by doctors without it. That should help make Captain Warmth even more grumpy on the ice. Just what opponents needed to deal with, a Chris Pronger that’s even more pissed off than usual.
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink 63
- Quick strike: Lightning steal Game 3 from Habs with last-second goal 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Canada fights back to beat Sweden at worlds 20
- NHL hockey ops explains no-goal call 48
- Jack Adams Award finalists to be announced tonight 4
- Video: Flames stun Ducks in OT to get back in the series 10
- Video: Controversial no-goal call on Flames 15
- Video: Crawford, Kane help Blackhawks push Wild to brink of elimination 53
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ (67)
- Andre’s gigantic game: Caps push Rangers to the brink (64)