Nov 9, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
We hinted at it this morning during PHT’s Morning Skate, but the Flyers confirmed it this afternoon. Chris Pronger will be back in the lineup tonight as the Flyers take on Tampa Bay and for a Philly team on the rebound from some ugly defensive lapses, it’s a welcome relief.
For Pronger, he’ll reclaim his spot on the top pairing next to Matt Carle and look to patrol the ice tonight keeping an eye out for Martin St. Louis and some guy named Steve Stamkos. Getting Pronger back in the lineup is, of course, a huge relief for the Flyers as they thought they’d be without him for a while after suffering a terrifying eye injury a couple weeks ago.
Instead, Pronger will be back on the ice tonight sporting a visor. He hates having to wear the visor but he wouldn’t be cleared to play by doctors without it. That should help make Captain Warmth even more grumpy on the ice. Just what opponents needed to deal with, a Chris Pronger that’s even more pissed off than usual.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63