Nov 9, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
We hinted at it this morning during PHT’s Morning Skate, but the Flyers confirmed it this afternoon. Chris Pronger will be back in the lineup tonight as the Flyers take on Tampa Bay and for a Philly team on the rebound from some ugly defensive lapses, it’s a welcome relief.
For Pronger, he’ll reclaim his spot on the top pairing next to Matt Carle and look to patrol the ice tonight keeping an eye out for Martin St. Louis and some guy named Steve Stamkos. Getting Pronger back in the lineup is, of course, a huge relief for the Flyers as they thought they’d be without him for a while after suffering a terrifying eye injury a couple weeks ago.
Instead, Pronger will be back on the ice tonight sporting a visor. He hates having to wear the visor but he wouldn’t be cleared to play by doctors without it. That should help make Captain Warmth even more grumpy on the ice. Just what opponents needed to deal with, a Chris Pronger that’s even more pissed off than usual.
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7 6
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 30
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 53
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (53)