Nov 9, 2011, 2:19 PM EST
We hinted at it this morning during PHT’s Morning Skate, but the Flyers confirmed it this afternoon. Chris Pronger will be back in the lineup tonight as the Flyers take on Tampa Bay and for a Philly team on the rebound from some ugly defensive lapses, it’s a welcome relief.
For Pronger, he’ll reclaim his spot on the top pairing next to Matt Carle and look to patrol the ice tonight keeping an eye out for Martin St. Louis and some guy named Steve Stamkos. Getting Pronger back in the lineup is, of course, a huge relief for the Flyers as they thought they’d be without him for a while after suffering a terrifying eye injury a couple weeks ago.
Instead, Pronger will be back on the ice tonight sporting a visor. He hates having to wear the visor but he wouldn’t be cleared to play by doctors without it. That should help make Captain Warmth even more grumpy on the ice. Just what opponents needed to deal with, a Chris Pronger that’s even more pissed off than usual.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)