Nov 9, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
We hinted at it this morning during PHT’s Morning Skate, but the Flyers confirmed it this afternoon. Chris Pronger will be back in the lineup tonight as the Flyers take on Tampa Bay and for a Philly team on the rebound from some ugly defensive lapses, it’s a welcome relief.
For Pronger, he’ll reclaim his spot on the top pairing next to Matt Carle and look to patrol the ice tonight keeping an eye out for Martin St. Louis and some guy named Steve Stamkos. Getting Pronger back in the lineup is, of course, a huge relief for the Flyers as they thought they’d be without him for a while after suffering a terrifying eye injury a couple weeks ago.
Instead, Pronger will be back on the ice tonight sporting a visor. He hates having to wear the visor but he wouldn’t be cleared to play by doctors without it. That should help make Captain Warmth even more grumpy on the ice. Just what opponents needed to deal with, a Chris Pronger that’s even more pissed off than usual.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)