Nov 9, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
Good news out of Ottawa, where Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson (concussion) skated with the team this morning and says he’s feeling good.
“Friday was decent, Saturday was so-so, but since Sunday, Gerry (Townend), the trainers have been working on my neck a lot and since then it’s been quite a bit better,” Alfredsson said, as per the Ottawa Citizen. “It seems like it was coming from the neck and it relieved a lot of the pressure.”
Alfredsson won’t play tonight versus the Rangers, but he’ll travel to Buffalo, where the Sens play Friday. Whether or not he’ll dress versus the Sabres is still to be determined, but it sounds like he’ll be back sooner rather than later.
The Sens are 1-2-1 without Alfredsson.
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 10
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)