Nov 9, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
Good news out of Ottawa, where Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson (concussion) skated with the team this morning and says he’s feeling good.
“Friday was decent, Saturday was so-so, but since Sunday, Gerry (Townend), the trainers have been working on my neck a lot and since then it’s been quite a bit better,” Alfredsson said, as per the Ottawa Citizen. “It seems like it was coming from the neck and it relieved a lot of the pressure.”
Alfredsson won’t play tonight versus the Rangers, but he’ll travel to Buffalo, where the Sens play Friday. Whether or not he’ll dress versus the Sabres is still to be determined, but it sounds like he’ll be back sooner rather than later.
The Sens are 1-2-1 without Alfredsson.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 12
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 13
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)