Nov 9, 2011, 3:07 PM EST
Good news out of Ottawa, where Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson (concussion) skated with the team this morning and says he’s feeling good.
“Friday was decent, Saturday was so-so, but since Sunday, Gerry (Townend), the trainers have been working on my neck a lot and since then it’s been quite a bit better,” Alfredsson said, as per the Ottawa Citizen. “It seems like it was coming from the neck and it relieved a lot of the pressure.”
Alfredsson won’t play tonight versus the Rangers, but he’ll travel to Buffalo, where the Sens play Friday. Whether or not he’ll dress versus the Sabres is still to be determined, but it sounds like he’ll be back sooner rather than later.
The Sens are 1-2-1 without Alfredsson.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)