Nov 9, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
Good news out of Ottawa, where Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson (concussion) skated with the team this morning and says he’s feeling good.
“Friday was decent, Saturday was so-so, but since Sunday, Gerry (Townend), the trainers have been working on my neck a lot and since then it’s been quite a bit better,” Alfredsson said, as per the Ottawa Citizen. “It seems like it was coming from the neck and it relieved a lot of the pressure.”
Alfredsson won’t play tonight versus the Rangers, but he’ll travel to Buffalo, where the Sens play Friday. Whether or not he’ll dress versus the Sabres is still to be determined, but it sounds like he’ll be back sooner rather than later.
The Sens are 1-2-1 without Alfredsson.
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 0
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 42
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 6
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 22
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 26
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 56
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 20
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 94
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 104
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)