Nov 9, 2011, 3:07 PM EDT
Good news out of Ottawa, where Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson (concussion) skated with the team this morning and says he’s feeling good.
“Friday was decent, Saturday was so-so, but since Sunday, Gerry (Townend), the trainers have been working on my neck a lot and since then it’s been quite a bit better,” Alfredsson said, as per the Ottawa Citizen. “It seems like it was coming from the neck and it relieved a lot of the pressure.”
Alfredsson won’t play tonight versus the Rangers, but he’ll travel to Buffalo, where the Sens play Friday. Whether or not he’ll dress versus the Sabres is still to be determined, but it sounds like he’ll be back sooner rather than later.
The Sens are 1-2-1 without Alfredsson.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 22
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 58
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (58)