Nov 8, 2011, 8:22 PM EDT
Professional teams having a victory song is nothing new. It’s one of those things that happen in euphoric locker rooms and end up taking on a life of its own throughout the long season. But the Predators are taking this to a whole new level.
It came out today that the Nashville Predators have adopted Lionel Richie’s “All Night Long” as their unofficial anthem. (Quick history lesson: If you’re under the age of 30, Lionel Richie was a pop singer who made his mark with The Commodores and ended up going solo.) Not exactly the most inspiring stuff here.
We can see it now: On Saturday, October 22, an incident occurred after a game between the Nashville Predators and Buffalo Sabres. Just after the 60:00 minute mark, locker room DJ (read: iPod shuffle master) Jerred Smithson played “All Night Long” from his iPod after a Preds victory.
Since he has no prior history, we here at PHT will simple mock him relentlessly. Unfortunately, there’s no truth to the rumor that Smithson wanted to use Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing” on grounds that the Detroit Red Wings have already played that song into the ground.
The Predators awful taste in music got us wondering. What are some of the worst possible songs for a team to use as their victory song? “Whoomp! There it is” and that Lou Vega song are pretty awful. Anything from Bruce Willis, Eddie Murphy, or any other 80’s actor is equally bad. But what is the absolute WORST song possible?
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)