Nov 8, 2011, 8:22 PM EST
Professional teams having a victory song is nothing new. It’s one of those things that happen in euphoric locker rooms and end up taking on a life of its own throughout the long season. But the Predators are taking this to a whole new level.
It came out today that the Nashville Predators have adopted Lionel Richie’s “All Night Long” as their unofficial anthem. (Quick history lesson: If you’re under the age of 30, Lionel Richie was a pop singer who made his mark with The Commodores and ended up going solo.) Not exactly the most inspiring stuff here.
We can see it now: On Saturday, October 22, an incident occurred after a game between the Nashville Predators and Buffalo Sabres. Just after the 60:00 minute mark, locker room DJ (read: iPod shuffle master) Jerred Smithson played “All Night Long” from his iPod after a Preds victory.
Since he has no prior history, we here at PHT will simple mock him relentlessly. Unfortunately, there’s no truth to the rumor that Smithson wanted to use Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believing” on grounds that the Detroit Red Wings have already played that song into the ground.
The Predators awful taste in music got us wondering. What are some of the worst possible songs for a team to use as their victory song? “Whoomp! There it is” and that Lou Vega song are pretty awful. Anything from Bruce Willis, Eddie Murphy, or any other 80’s actor is equally bad. But what is the absolute WORST song possible?
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 0
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 0
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 20
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 44
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)