Nov 8, 2011, 6:25 PM EST
Every Tuesday at PHT, we’ll pump a player’s tire. Because every player likes it when nice things are said about them.
This week’s tire pumpee: Joe Pavelski, San Jose Sharks
Clearly we had to pick Pavelski after what he said to the media recently: “You guys already are trying to pump me up too much.”
Hey, that’s what happens when you rack up 17 points in your first 13 games. It’s not the media’s fault they’re pumping your tires. It’s YOUR fault, Joe Pavelski. Stop being so…good.
Formerly San Jose’s third-line center, the 27-year-old has been a scoring machine playing the wing on the Sharks’ top line with Joe Thornton in the middle and either Logan Couture or Patrick Marleau on the other side.
“Pavs is just really good around the net,” Thornton told the Mercury News last week. “He has nice hands with a great shot. He goes to dirty areas and works hard. When you put all those things together, you’re going to score a lot of goals.”
Of those nine goals, none were bigger than this late one against the Devils on Oct. 21:
The Sharks ended up winning the game in a shootout, snapping a three-game losing streak, then went on to win four more in a row.
Joe Pavelski, everyone.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (73)