Nov 8, 2011, 1:14 PM EST
Ryan Miller is one of the best goalies in the NHL. No one would debate this. The way he’s played so far this season, however, has caused doubt to creep in and for some crazy fans in Buffalo to want to see backup Jhonas Enroth to get a few more starts. While Enroth has played strong, it’ll be up to Miller to get it done tonight against Winnipeg and for more than a few reasons.
Getting his game turned around is the biggest thing. With how Miller’s played, he’s reminded people more of a third-string goalie than a guy capable of starting the gold medal game in the Olympics.
Keeping the peanut gallery quiet about wanting Enroth to start more games would do wonders as well. While it’s great that Enroth is providing great support while Miller struggles, Miller is the guy that will take them to a Stanley Cup if they’re going to get there.
As coach Lindy Ruff said today to the Buffalo News: “Any player can go through a tough stretch. In Ryan’s situation, he’s played good but he hasn’t played great and I’ll be the first to admit that. It might be a timely save here or there that makes a difference.”
Just a spark is what Miller needs. The Sabres need him to bring his A-game tonight to show that this bad spell is just that.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 2
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)