Nov 8, 2011, 1:14 PM EDT
Ryan Miller is one of the best goalies in the NHL. No one would debate this. The way he’s played so far this season, however, has caused doubt to creep in and for some crazy fans in Buffalo to want to see backup Jhonas Enroth to get a few more starts. While Enroth has played strong, it’ll be up to Miller to get it done tonight against Winnipeg and for more than a few reasons.
Getting his game turned around is the biggest thing. With how Miller’s played, he’s reminded people more of a third-string goalie than a guy capable of starting the gold medal game in the Olympics.
Keeping the peanut gallery quiet about wanting Enroth to start more games would do wonders as well. While it’s great that Enroth is providing great support while Miller struggles, Miller is the guy that will take them to a Stanley Cup if they’re going to get there.
As coach Lindy Ruff said today to the Buffalo News: “Any player can go through a tough stretch. In Ryan’s situation, he’s played good but he hasn’t played great and I’ll be the first to admit that. It might be a timely save here or there that makes a difference.”
Just a spark is what Miller needs. The Sabres need him to bring his A-game tonight to show that this bad spell is just that.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 31
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 15
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 11
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 57
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1