Nov 8, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
So, here goes: According to NHL.com’s At the Rink blog, the Flyers captain could return from his eye injury on Wednesday against the Lightning. Pronger’s now fully participated in two straight practices and flew to Tampa Bay with his teammates this afternoon.
“I’ve got to see how I feel after today. I didn’t feel too hot (Monday), so we’ll see how I feel today after a pretty good skate,” Pronger told reporters. “You don’t realize how quickly you can lose it when you’ve done nothing for seven days, you’re bedridden for four of them — the joints need to be moving. Sometimes while I feel like I’m 25, when you’re laying decrepit in your bed for four or five days, you get a little tight and stiff.”
Decrepit laying aside, most signs suggest Prong Kong (a friend of mine granted permission to use that nickname, feel free to try it) will get back to action tomorrow. He’s already missed six games and doesn’t seem keen on missing a seventh. He skated extensively with usual blueline parter Matt Carle and participated in all of Philly’s powerplay drills. Head coach Peter Laviolette said Pronger looked good during Tuesday’s practice and Claude Giroux said “he looks in great shape.”
Final note: If Pronger does return on Wednesday, he’ll be wearing a visor. Team ophthalmologist Dr. Stephen Goldman refused to clear him unless he wore one.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21