Nov 8, 2011, 12:53 PM EST
PHT’s 24/7 coverage of Mike Green’s sprained ankle continues with news the Capitals defenseman is expected to miss his sixth straight game when Washington hosts Dallas tonight at the Verizon Center.
“I think it’s more now getting him back into game shape before he plays,” coach Bruce Boudreau said this morning, as reported by the Washington Post.
Green skated for an hour today. Yesterday he practiced with the team and said the ankle felt better, but he didn’t want to be a liability on the ice.
The Caps are 2-3-0 without Green after starting 7-0-0.
Boudreau said it was possible Green could be back in the line-up for Friday’s game in New Jersey, at which point we’ll have to find a new minor injury to stalk.
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 1
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 30
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)