Nov 8, 2011, 12:53 PM EDT
PHT’s 24/7 coverage of Mike Green’s sprained ankle continues with news the Capitals defenseman is expected to miss his sixth straight game when Washington hosts Dallas tonight at the Verizon Center.
“I think it’s more now getting him back into game shape before he plays,” coach Bruce Boudreau said this morning, as reported by the Washington Post.
Green skated for an hour today. Yesterday he practiced with the team and said the ankle felt better, but he didn’t want to be a liability on the ice.
The Caps are 2-3-0 without Green after starting 7-0-0.
Boudreau said it was possible Green could be back in the line-up for Friday’s game in New Jersey, at which point we’ll have to find a new minor injury to stalk.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 11
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 30
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)