Nov 8, 2011, 12:53 PM EDT
PHT’s 24/7 coverage of Mike Green’s sprained ankle continues with news the Capitals defenseman is expected to miss his sixth straight game when Washington hosts Dallas tonight at the Verizon Center.
“I think it’s more now getting him back into game shape before he plays,” coach Bruce Boudreau said this morning, as reported by the Washington Post.
Green skated for an hour today. Yesterday he practiced with the team and said the ankle felt better, but he didn’t want to be a liability on the ice.
The Caps are 2-3-0 without Green after starting 7-0-0.
Boudreau said it was possible Green could be back in the line-up for Friday’s game in New Jersey, at which point we’ll have to find a new minor injury to stalk.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5