Nov 8, 2011, 12:53 PM EDT
PHT’s 24/7 coverage of Mike Green’s sprained ankle continues with news the Capitals defenseman is expected to miss his sixth straight game when Washington hosts Dallas tonight at the Verizon Center.
“I think it’s more now getting him back into game shape before he plays,” coach Bruce Boudreau said this morning, as reported by the Washington Post.
Green skated for an hour today. Yesterday he practiced with the team and said the ankle felt better, but he didn’t want to be a liability on the ice.
The Caps are 2-3-0 without Green after starting 7-0-0.
Boudreau said it was possible Green could be back in the line-up for Friday’s game in New Jersey, at which point we’ll have to find a new minor injury to stalk.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22