Nov 8, 2011, 12:53 PM EST
PHT’s 24/7 coverage of Mike Green’s sprained ankle continues with news the Capitals defenseman is expected to miss his sixth straight game when Washington hosts Dallas tonight at the Verizon Center.
“I think it’s more now getting him back into game shape before he plays,” coach Bruce Boudreau said this morning, as reported by the Washington Post.
Green skated for an hour today. Yesterday he practiced with the team and said the ankle felt better, but he didn’t want to be a liability on the ice.
The Caps are 2-3-0 without Green after starting 7-0-0.
Boudreau said it was possible Green could be back in the line-up for Friday’s game in New Jersey, at which point we’ll have to find a new minor injury to stalk.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)