Nov 8, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
Before tonight’s game between Chicago and St. Louis, the Blues organization paid tribute to Pavol Demitra and Igor Korolev who both lost their lives in the Lokomotiv tragedy this summer. Korolev broke into the NHL with the Blues and played his final NHL game with the Blackhawks. Demitra also broke into the NHL with the St. Louis Blues and played some of the best hockey of his career during his eight season stay with the Blues.
It was a classy ceremony from a couple of classy organizations. Check it out if you have a spare moment. Or a spare tear.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5