Nov 8, 2011, 9:23 PM EDT
Before tonight’s game between Chicago and St. Louis, the Blues organization paid tribute to Pavol Demitra and Igor Korolev who both lost their lives in the Lokomotiv tragedy this summer. Korolev broke into the NHL with the Blues and played his final NHL game with the Blackhawks. Demitra also broke into the NHL with the St. Louis Blues and played some of the best hockey of his career during his eight season stay with the Blues.
It was a classy ceremony from a couple of classy organizations. Check it out if you have a spare moment. Or a spare tear.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 9
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17