Nov 8, 2011, 12:33 PM EST
It’s a good news, bad news type of day for Oilers fans. On the upside, Ales Hemsky will be back in the lineup tonight against Montreal. According to Mark Spector of Sportsnet, he’ll be on a line with Shawn Horcoff and Ryan Smyth. Getting the high-scoring forward back should be a boost to the already very surprising Oilers.
On the downside, however, Magnus Paajarvi will be the guy sitting out tonight’s game to make room for Hemsky. Paajarvi is one of last season’s three big rookies to hit the scene in Edmonton and, you guessed it, the sophomore slump has struck.
Through 13 games this season, Paajarvi has but one assist and no goals while seeing his ice time drop by nearly two minutes. The team is winning and Paajarvi isn’t producing. That’s just how it goes these days and now the Oilers are looking like a team with depth at forward. With Linus Omark sent packing to the AHL and now Paajarvi in the press box tonight, maybe GM Steve Tambellini got something right here.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)