Nov 8, 2011, 12:33 PM EST
It’s a good news, bad news type of day for Oilers fans. On the upside, Ales Hemsky will be back in the lineup tonight against Montreal. According to Mark Spector of Sportsnet, he’ll be on a line with Shawn Horcoff and Ryan Smyth. Getting the high-scoring forward back should be a boost to the already very surprising Oilers.
On the downside, however, Magnus Paajarvi will be the guy sitting out tonight’s game to make room for Hemsky. Paajarvi is one of last season’s three big rookies to hit the scene in Edmonton and, you guessed it, the sophomore slump has struck.
Through 13 games this season, Paajarvi has but one assist and no goals while seeing his ice time drop by nearly two minutes. The team is winning and Paajarvi isn’t producing. That’s just how it goes these days and now the Oilers are looking like a team with depth at forward. With Linus Omark sent packing to the AHL and now Paajarvi in the press box tonight, maybe GM Steve Tambellini got something right here.
- Steen, Blues hold on against Ovechkin, Capitals 4
- David Backes ejected after boarding, bloodying Karl Alzner 15
- End nearing? Lightning waive Nabokov 4
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 24
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 10
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 18
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 16
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 12
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 29