Nov 7, 2011, 12:11 PM EST
Not sure how we missed this yesterday, as we’re usually right on top of the big KHL news. If you haven’t seen this already, here’s former NHL player Andrei Nazarov, now coaching Vityaz Chekhov, swinging sticks at Dinamo Minsk fans in Belarus on Sunday.
Apparently Nazarov went nuts when fans started throwing plastic bottles onto the ice.
I suppose you could describe the incident as ugly, but the bar for this type of thing was set pretty high by the Tri-City Americans versus the Seattle Thunderbirds fans in 1990.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)