Nov 7, 2011, 12:11 PM EST
Not sure how we missed this yesterday, as we’re usually right on top of the big KHL news. If you haven’t seen this already, here’s former NHL player Andrei Nazarov, now coaching Vityaz Chekhov, swinging sticks at Dinamo Minsk fans in Belarus on Sunday.
Apparently Nazarov went nuts when fans started throwing plastic bottles onto the ice.
I suppose you could describe the incident as ugly, but the bar for this type of thing was set pretty high by the Tri-City Americans versus the Seattle Thunderbirds fans in 1990.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 4
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 16
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 59
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5