Nov 7, 2011, 12:11 PM EDT
Not sure how we missed this yesterday, as we’re usually right on top of the big KHL news. If you haven’t seen this already, here’s former NHL player Andrei Nazarov, now coaching Vityaz Chekhov, swinging sticks at Dinamo Minsk fans in Belarus on Sunday.
Apparently Nazarov went nuts when fans started throwing plastic bottles onto the ice.
I suppose you could describe the incident as ugly, but the bar for this type of thing was set pretty high by the Tri-City Americans versus the Seattle Thunderbirds fans in 1990.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 0
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 15
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 16
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)