Nov 7, 2011, 12:11 PM EDT
Not sure how we missed this yesterday, as we’re usually right on top of the big KHL news. If you haven’t seen this already, here’s former NHL player Andrei Nazarov, now coaching Vityaz Chekhov, swinging sticks at Dinamo Minsk fans in Belarus on Sunday.
Apparently Nazarov went nuts when fans started throwing plastic bottles onto the ice.
I suppose you could describe the incident as ugly, but the bar for this type of thing was set pretty high by the Tri-City Americans versus the Seattle Thunderbirds fans in 1990.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)