Nov 7, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT
Ryan Miller’s last outing didn’t go very well. Not very well at all. On Wednesday, the Sabres’ goalie surrendered three goals in 6:23 against the Philadelphia Flyers before being pulled by coach Lindy Ruff in favor of backup Jhonas Enroth.
Miller hasn’t played since getting the hook (and hearing it from the fans), with Enroth getting the start Friday versus the Flames and Saturday in Ottawa. The Sabres won both games, allowing just three goals combined.
Today Miller met with the media and didn’t hide his frustration.
“I don’t want to be pulled out of a game. I want to, you know, I want to ****ing win the game,” he said, as reported by John Vogl of the Buffalo News.
Despite a four-game losing streak, Miller’s overall numbers (.922 save percentage) are nothing to be ashamed of. However, they pale in comparison to Enroth’s (.952). The Columbus Blue Jackets wish they had Buffalo’s goaltending controversy.
Some people might point to Miller’s mediocre 2010-11 numbers (.916 SV%) as evidence he isn’t the same goalie that won the 2010 Vezina, but that would ignore his solid play down the stretch last season that helped get the Sabres into the playoffs.
No word on which goalie will start tomorrow when the Sabres host Winnipeg.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 4
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 9
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 20
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 36
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 33
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)