Nov 7, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT
Ryan Miller’s last outing didn’t go very well. Not very well at all. On Wednesday, the Sabres’ goalie surrendered three goals in 6:23 against the Philadelphia Flyers before being pulled by coach Lindy Ruff in favor of backup Jhonas Enroth.
Miller hasn’t played since getting the hook (and hearing it from the fans), with Enroth getting the start Friday versus the Flames and Saturday in Ottawa. The Sabres won both games, allowing just three goals combined.
Today Miller met with the media and didn’t hide his frustration.
“I don’t want to be pulled out of a game. I want to, you know, I want to ****ing win the game,” he said, as reported by John Vogl of the Buffalo News.
Despite a four-game losing streak, Miller’s overall numbers (.922 save percentage) are nothing to be ashamed of. However, they pale in comparison to Enroth’s (.952). The Columbus Blue Jackets wish they had Buffalo’s goaltending controversy.
Some people might point to Miller’s mediocre 2010-11 numbers (.916 SV%) as evidence he isn’t the same goalie that won the 2010 Vezina, but that would ignore his solid play down the stretch last season that helped get the Sabres into the playoffs.
No word on which goalie will start tomorrow when the Sabres host Winnipeg.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)