Nov 7, 2011, 2:20 PM EST
Ryan Miller’s last outing didn’t go very well. Not very well at all. On Wednesday, the Sabres’ goalie surrendered three goals in 6:23 against the Philadelphia Flyers before being pulled by coach Lindy Ruff in favor of backup Jhonas Enroth.
Miller hasn’t played since getting the hook (and hearing it from the fans), with Enroth getting the start Friday versus the Flames and Saturday in Ottawa. The Sabres won both games, allowing just three goals combined.
Today Miller met with the media and didn’t hide his frustration.
“I don’t want to be pulled out of a game. I want to, you know, I want to ****ing win the game,” he said, as reported by John Vogl of the Buffalo News.
Despite a four-game losing streak, Miller’s overall numbers (.922 save percentage) are nothing to be ashamed of. However, they pale in comparison to Enroth’s (.952). The Columbus Blue Jackets wish they had Buffalo’s goaltending controversy.
Some people might point to Miller’s mediocre 2010-11 numbers (.916 SV%) as evidence he isn’t the same goalie that won the 2010 Vezina, but that would ignore his solid play down the stretch last season that helped get the Sabres into the playoffs.
No word on which goalie will start tomorrow when the Sabres host Winnipeg.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 16
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)