Nov 7, 2011, 2:20 PM EDT
Ryan Miller’s last outing didn’t go very well. Not very well at all. On Wednesday, the Sabres’ goalie surrendered three goals in 6:23 against the Philadelphia Flyers before being pulled by coach Lindy Ruff in favor of backup Jhonas Enroth.
Miller hasn’t played since getting the hook (and hearing it from the fans), with Enroth getting the start Friday versus the Flames and Saturday in Ottawa. The Sabres won both games, allowing just three goals combined.
Today Miller met with the media and didn’t hide his frustration.
“I don’t want to be pulled out of a game. I want to, you know, I want to ****ing win the game,” he said, as reported by John Vogl of the Buffalo News.
Despite a four-game losing streak, Miller’s overall numbers (.922 save percentage) are nothing to be ashamed of. However, they pale in comparison to Enroth’s (.952). The Columbus Blue Jackets wish they had Buffalo’s goaltending controversy.
Some people might point to Miller’s mediocre 2010-11 numbers (.916 SV%) as evidence he isn’t the same goalie that won the 2010 Vezina, but that would ignore his solid play down the stretch last season that helped get the Sabres into the playoffs.
No word on which goalie will start tomorrow when the Sabres host Winnipeg.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 51
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 51
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)