Nov 7, 2011, 2:20 PM EST
Ryan Miller’s last outing didn’t go very well. Not very well at all. On Wednesday, the Sabres’ goalie surrendered three goals in 6:23 against the Philadelphia Flyers before being pulled by coach Lindy Ruff in favor of backup Jhonas Enroth.
Miller hasn’t played since getting the hook (and hearing it from the fans), with Enroth getting the start Friday versus the Flames and Saturday in Ottawa. The Sabres won both games, allowing just three goals combined.
Today Miller met with the media and didn’t hide his frustration.
“I don’t want to be pulled out of a game. I want to, you know, I want to ****ing win the game,” he said, as reported by John Vogl of the Buffalo News.
Despite a four-game losing streak, Miller’s overall numbers (.922 save percentage) are nothing to be ashamed of. However, they pale in comparison to Enroth’s (.952). The Columbus Blue Jackets wish they had Buffalo’s goaltending controversy.
Some people might point to Miller’s mediocre 2010-11 numbers (.916 SV%) as evidence he isn’t the same goalie that won the 2010 Vezina, but that would ignore his solid play down the stretch last season that helped get the Sabres into the playoffs.
No word on which goalie will start tomorrow when the Sabres host Winnipeg.
- Devils fire DeBoer 5
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 1
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 8
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)