Nov 7, 2011, 12:04 PM EST
You obviously know Mike Milbury best for his spots on the air on Versus and NBC (and CBC too) for letting his opinions fly and not giving a damn what you or even his on-air cohorts might think. Love him or hate him, Milbury will let know his thoughts.
Tonight he’s letting his thoughts fly while in the booth with Dave Strader on the call of tonight’s game in Boston between the team he used to coach (the Bruins) and the team he was the GM and coach for (the Islanders). To say he knows a thing or two about both these franchises would be downplaying matters.
Chris Botta of The New York Times breaks down how his call tonight brings the past roaring back for Milbury but also about how he has the delicate job of balancing his opinions on the air for such a game. After all with his good friend Charles Wang owning the Isles and his good pal and former player Cam Neely running the show in Boston, he’s a soul torn in two.
There’s also Zdeno Chara on the Bruins that Milbury knows a thing or two about having both drafted and traded the Bruins captain while with the Isles. Perhaps we can get Mike to trade his loyalties between the two sides during the game and keep us on our toes. Either way, we’re not just being company men by saying we’ll be dialed in to hear what Milbury has to say, we’re honestly curious to see how things turn out for the big guy.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 13
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 31
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 65
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)