Nov 7, 2011, 12:04 PM EDT
You obviously know Mike Milbury best for his spots on the air on Versus and NBC (and CBC too) for letting his opinions fly and not giving a damn what you or even his on-air cohorts might think. Love him or hate him, Milbury will let know his thoughts.
Tonight he’s letting his thoughts fly while in the booth with Dave Strader on the call of tonight’s game in Boston between the team he used to coach (the Bruins) and the team he was the GM and coach for (the Islanders). To say he knows a thing or two about both these franchises would be downplaying matters.
Chris Botta of The New York Times breaks down how his call tonight brings the past roaring back for Milbury but also about how he has the delicate job of balancing his opinions on the air for such a game. After all with his good friend Charles Wang owning the Isles and his good pal and former player Cam Neely running the show in Boston, he’s a soul torn in two.
There’s also Zdeno Chara on the Bruins that Milbury knows a thing or two about having both drafted and traded the Bruins captain while with the Isles. Perhaps we can get Mike to trade his loyalties between the two sides during the game and keep us on our toes. Either way, we’re not just being company men by saying we’ll be dialed in to hear what Milbury has to say, we’re honestly curious to see how things turn out for the big guy.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 0
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 9
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 6
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 27
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)