Nov 7, 2011, 12:04 PM EDT
You obviously know Mike Milbury best for his spots on the air on Versus and NBC (and CBC too) for letting his opinions fly and not giving a damn what you or even his on-air cohorts might think. Love him or hate him, Milbury will let know his thoughts.
Tonight he’s letting his thoughts fly while in the booth with Dave Strader on the call of tonight’s game in Boston between the team he used to coach (the Bruins) and the team he was the GM and coach for (the Islanders). To say he knows a thing or two about both these franchises would be downplaying matters.
Chris Botta of The New York Times breaks down how his call tonight brings the past roaring back for Milbury but also about how he has the delicate job of balancing his opinions on the air for such a game. After all with his good friend Charles Wang owning the Isles and his good pal and former player Cam Neely running the show in Boston, he’s a soul torn in two.
There’s also Zdeno Chara on the Bruins that Milbury knows a thing or two about having both drafted and traded the Bruins captain while with the Isles. Perhaps we can get Mike to trade his loyalties between the two sides during the game and keep us on our toes. Either way, we’re not just being company men by saying we’ll be dialed in to hear what Milbury has to say, we’re honestly curious to see how things turn out for the big guy.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 27
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)