Nov 7, 2011, 12:04 PM EDT
You obviously know Mike Milbury best for his spots on the air on Versus and NBC (and CBC too) for letting his opinions fly and not giving a damn what you or even his on-air cohorts might think. Love him or hate him, Milbury will let know his thoughts.
Tonight he’s letting his thoughts fly while in the booth with Dave Strader on the call of tonight’s game in Boston between the team he used to coach (the Bruins) and the team he was the GM and coach for (the Islanders). To say he knows a thing or two about both these franchises would be downplaying matters.
Chris Botta of The New York Times breaks down how his call tonight brings the past roaring back for Milbury but also about how he has the delicate job of balancing his opinions on the air for such a game. After all with his good friend Charles Wang owning the Isles and his good pal and former player Cam Neely running the show in Boston, he’s a soul torn in two.
There’s also Zdeno Chara on the Bruins that Milbury knows a thing or two about having both drafted and traded the Bruins captain while with the Isles. Perhaps we can get Mike to trade his loyalties between the two sides during the game and keep us on our toes. Either way, we’re not just being company men by saying we’ll be dialed in to hear what Milbury has to say, we’re honestly curious to see how things turn out for the big guy.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)