Nov 7, 2011, 12:04 PM EST
You obviously know Mike Milbury best for his spots on the air on Versus and NBC (and CBC too) for letting his opinions fly and not giving a damn what you or even his on-air cohorts might think. Love him or hate him, Milbury will let know his thoughts.
Tonight he’s letting his thoughts fly while in the booth with Dave Strader on the call of tonight’s game in Boston between the team he used to coach (the Bruins) and the team he was the GM and coach for (the Islanders). To say he knows a thing or two about both these franchises would be downplaying matters.
Chris Botta of The New York Times breaks down how his call tonight brings the past roaring back for Milbury but also about how he has the delicate job of balancing his opinions on the air for such a game. After all with his good friend Charles Wang owning the Isles and his good pal and former player Cam Neely running the show in Boston, he’s a soul torn in two.
There’s also Zdeno Chara on the Bruins that Milbury knows a thing or two about having both drafted and traded the Bruins captain while with the Isles. Perhaps we can get Mike to trade his loyalties between the two sides during the game and keep us on our toes. Either way, we’re not just being company men by saying we’ll be dialed in to hear what Milbury has to say, we’re honestly curious to see how things turn out for the big guy.
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 0
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 3
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 5
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 69
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (69)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)