Nov 7, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
Mike Green’s ankle is feeling better, but the Capitals might still be without their top defenseman Tuesday at home versus the Dallas Stars.
Green participated in Monday’s practice and, according to Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com, “generally looked like a guy ready to return to the lineup.”
But Green was non-committal when asked whether he would play tomorrow.
“I don’t want to be a liability on the ice,” he said. “I’ve only had one really good skate. For me to jump right back in wouldn’t necessarily be a good thing. If I feel like I am (a liability) I don’t think I should play. And if I don’t I’ll play.”
The Capitals are coming off a 5-3 loss to the Islanders on Saturday and are 2-3-0 without Green in the lineup, but coach Bruce Boudreau isn’t going to risk putting him back on the ice too soon.
“We’ll sleep on it and see how it goes,” Boudreau said. “We don’t want to rush him and we’re not going rush him, either. Everything would have to be perfect.”
Washington’s next game after Tuesday is Friday in New Jersey.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63