Nov 7, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
Mike Green’s ankle is feeling better, but the Capitals might still be without their top defenseman Tuesday at home versus the Dallas Stars.
Green participated in Monday’s practice and, according to Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com, “generally looked like a guy ready to return to the lineup.”
But Green was non-committal when asked whether he would play tomorrow.
“I don’t want to be a liability on the ice,” he said. “I’ve only had one really good skate. For me to jump right back in wouldn’t necessarily be a good thing. If I feel like I am (a liability) I don’t think I should play. And if I don’t I’ll play.”
The Capitals are coming off a 5-3 loss to the Islanders on Saturday and are 2-3-0 without Green in the lineup, but coach Bruce Boudreau isn’t going to risk putting him back on the ice too soon.
“We’ll sleep on it and see how it goes,” Boudreau said. “We don’t want to rush him and we’re not going rush him, either. Everything would have to be perfect.”
Washington’s next game after Tuesday is Friday in New Jersey.
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 6
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 16
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 9
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 51
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 21
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- HBT: Angels' Trout hits for cycle against Mariners