Nov 7, 2011, 2:45 PM EST
Mike Green’s ankle is feeling better, but the Capitals might still be without their top defenseman Tuesday at home versus the Dallas Stars.
Green participated in Monday’s practice and, according to Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com, “generally looked like a guy ready to return to the lineup.”
But Green was non-committal when asked whether he would play tomorrow.
“I don’t want to be a liability on the ice,” he said. “I’ve only had one really good skate. For me to jump right back in wouldn’t necessarily be a good thing. If I feel like I am (a liability) I don’t think I should play. And if I don’t I’ll play.”
The Capitals are coming off a 5-3 loss to the Islanders on Saturday and are 2-3-0 without Green in the lineup, but coach Bruce Boudreau isn’t going to risk putting him back on the ice too soon.
“We’ll sleep on it and see how it goes,” Boudreau said. “We don’t want to rush him and we’re not going rush him, either. Everything would have to be perfect.”
Washington’s next game after Tuesday is Friday in New Jersey.
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 1
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 7
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 15
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 17
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)