Nov 7, 2011, 2:45 PM EDT
Mike Green’s ankle is feeling better, but the Capitals might still be without their top defenseman Tuesday at home versus the Dallas Stars.
Green participated in Monday’s practice and, according to Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com, “generally looked like a guy ready to return to the lineup.”
But Green was non-committal when asked whether he would play tomorrow.
“I don’t want to be a liability on the ice,” he said. “I’ve only had one really good skate. For me to jump right back in wouldn’t necessarily be a good thing. If I feel like I am (a liability) I don’t think I should play. And if I don’t I’ll play.”
The Capitals are coming off a 5-3 loss to the Islanders on Saturday and are 2-3-0 without Green in the lineup, but coach Bruce Boudreau isn’t going to risk putting him back on the ice too soon.
“We’ll sleep on it and see how it goes,” Boudreau said. “We don’t want to rush him and we’re not going rush him, either. Everything would have to be perfect.”
Washington’s next game after Tuesday is Friday in New Jersey.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 9
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 29
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)