Nov 7, 2011, 2:45 PM EST
Mike Green’s ankle is feeling better, but the Capitals might still be without their top defenseman Tuesday at home versus the Dallas Stars.
Green participated in Monday’s practice and, according to Chuck Gormley of CSNWashington.com, “generally looked like a guy ready to return to the lineup.”
But Green was non-committal when asked whether he would play tomorrow.
“I don’t want to be a liability on the ice,” he said. “I’ve only had one really good skate. For me to jump right back in wouldn’t necessarily be a good thing. If I feel like I am (a liability) I don’t think I should play. And if I don’t I’ll play.”
The Capitals are coming off a 5-3 loss to the Islanders on Saturday and are 2-3-0 without Green in the lineup, but coach Bruce Boudreau isn’t going to risk putting him back on the ice too soon.
“We’ll sleep on it and see how it goes,” Boudreau said. “We don’t want to rush him and we’re not going rush him, either. Everything would have to be perfect.”
Washington’s next game after Tuesday is Friday in New Jersey.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 38
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 63
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 19
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 13
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 69
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)