Nov 7, 2011, 1:41 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators have sent forward Nikita Filatov down to the AHL’s Binghamton Senators.
Filatov has one assist in six games and was playing less than 10 minutes per game with the big club. He’s already spent time in the AHL this season, scoring four goals with the Baby Sens.
The 21-year-old Russian will get more playing time in the minors, which should help his development, assuming he’s willing to work at it. A former sixth overall pick of the Blue Jackets, Filatov was acquired by the Sens at the draft, with a third-round pick headed to Columbus in exchange.
Sens fans were optimistic when Filatov was plucked from the Jackets. After all, many pointed the finger at defensive-minded coach Ken Hitchcock for Filatov’s failure to make an impact at the NHL level. As the young Blues are about to find out, Hitch isn’t the type to let his offensive players do their thing.
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 15
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 21
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 62
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights