Nov 7, 2011, 1:41 PM EST
The Ottawa Senators have sent forward Nikita Filatov down to the AHL’s Binghamton Senators.
Filatov has one assist in six games and was playing less than 10 minutes per game with the big club. He’s already spent time in the AHL this season, scoring four goals with the Baby Sens.
The 21-year-old Russian will get more playing time in the minors, which should help his development, assuming he’s willing to work at it. A former sixth overall pick of the Blue Jackets, Filatov was acquired by the Sens at the draft, with a third-round pick headed to Columbus in exchange.
Sens fans were optimistic when Filatov was plucked from the Jackets. After all, many pointed the finger at defensive-minded coach Ken Hitchcock for Filatov’s failure to make an impact at the NHL level. As the young Blues are about to find out, Hitch isn’t the type to let his offensive players do their thing.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 51
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (51)