Nov 7, 2011, 11:57 PM EDT
“I wouldn’t say it has kept me awake at night, but it’s tough,” Eric Staal said. “If I could take it back I probably wouldn’t hit him knowing where we’ve gone and what has gone on since then. But it was one of those plays, bang-bang, happens so quickly, and I hit him hard.”
He sure did. Eric said that was the hardest he ever hit Marc – and that goes way back to their childhoods in Thunder Bay, Ontario. The most pertinent piece of information might be that Eric said that Marc isn’t close to a return, as the New York Rangers defenseman continues to deal with headaches when he pushes the pace of his workouts.
We’ll keep you updated on what might be a “slow process” for Marc Staal, which might just cause a few sleepless nights for the Rangers’ brass.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 23
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 15
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6