Nov 7, 2011, 10:18 PM EDT
In another scary scene, Boston Bruins forward Daniel Paille collapsed to the ice after a Steven Staois slap shot struck in him in the face. It was natural to think the worst after seeing Paille bleed on the ice, but it sounds like the puck didn’t hit him the eye. This is a case that cannot be blamed on visors, either, as cameras caught a shot of Paille’s bloodied shield.
We’ll keep an eye out for more information as it comes along, but CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty passes along word from Claude Julien that Paille will meet with “specialists” after that puck hit him in the nose (or at least the face). Patrice Bergeron guessed that Paille has a broken nose, which Milan Lucic said “looks like [his] now.”
Hopefully the early reports are correct that it’s “only” a broken nose or something similar.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 41
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 17
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 16
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 96
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead