Nov 7, 2011, 10:18 PM EDT
In another scary scene, Boston Bruins forward Daniel Paille collapsed to the ice after a Steven Staois slap shot struck in him in the face. It was natural to think the worst after seeing Paille bleed on the ice, but it sounds like the puck didn’t hit him the eye. This is a case that cannot be blamed on visors, either, as cameras caught a shot of Paille’s bloodied shield.
We’ll keep an eye out for more information as it comes along, but CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty passes along word from Claude Julien that Paille will meet with “specialists” after that puck hit him in the nose (or at least the face). Patrice Bergeron guessed that Paille has a broken nose, which Milan Lucic said “looks like [his] now.”
Hopefully the early reports are correct that it’s “only” a broken nose or something similar.
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 0
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 3
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30