Nov 7, 2011, 10:18 PM EDT
In another scary scene, Boston Bruins forward Daniel Paille collapsed to the ice after a Steven Staois slap shot struck in him in the face. It was natural to think the worst after seeing Paille bleed on the ice, but it sounds like the puck didn’t hit him the eye. This is a case that cannot be blamed on visors, either, as cameras caught a shot of Paille’s bloodied shield.
We’ll keep an eye out for more information as it comes along, but CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty passes along word from Claude Julien that Paille will meet with “specialists” after that puck hit him in the nose (or at least the face). Patrice Bergeron guessed that Paille has a broken nose, which Milan Lucic said “looks like [his] now.”
Hopefully the early reports are correct that it’s “only” a broken nose or something similar.
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 0
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 10
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22