Nov 7, 2011, 12:54 PM EST
Crosby-Watch 2011 rolls on and today’s update is… That there’s not really much of an update. Instead, Crosby did his usual turn in practice and met with the press afterwards.
With the Penguins not playing again until Friday at home against Dallas and that date being preemptively circled as a potential comeback game for Sid, our curiosity is piqued and Crosby knows it. After practice, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Rob Rossi caught up with Sid to get the update from the man himself.
If you’re hoping for Friday you might want to cool your jets.
Crosby addressed media speculation that he would play Friday against Dallas at Consol Energy Center.
″I guess they know more than I do,″ he said, cracking a smile.
″I haven’t really thought about that. I’ve thought more about just getting through this week. (Playing Friday) is a possibility, just like the other however many games left there are (is a possibility).″
Always secretive, always leaving us guessing, always coy. Oh you, Sid.
We’re sure the Crosby and Dan Bylsma are tired of hearing the question, but that’s part of the deal. Everyone knows he’s close to getting back and since it’s been over 11 months since he’s last played a NHL game, everyone is in Christmas Eve mode anxious to see Crosby back in action.
He’ll be back soon as he’s working too hard in practice not to and as Rossi notes in his story, Crosby’s only missed one scheduled practice since he was cleared for contact in practice. Maybe it’ll be Friday, maybe it’ll be next week, maybe the week after, but it’s going to be soon nonetheless.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 20
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 57
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)