Nov 7, 2011, 12:54 PM EST
Crosby-Watch 2011 rolls on and today’s update is… That there’s not really much of an update. Instead, Crosby did his usual turn in practice and met with the press afterwards.
With the Penguins not playing again until Friday at home against Dallas and that date being preemptively circled as a potential comeback game for Sid, our curiosity is piqued and Crosby knows it. After practice, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Rob Rossi caught up with Sid to get the update from the man himself.
If you’re hoping for Friday you might want to cool your jets.
Crosby addressed media speculation that he would play Friday against Dallas at Consol Energy Center.
″I guess they know more than I do,″ he said, cracking a smile.
″I haven’t really thought about that. I’ve thought more about just getting through this week. (Playing Friday) is a possibility, just like the other however many games left there are (is a possibility).″
Always secretive, always leaving us guessing, always coy. Oh you, Sid.
We’re sure the Crosby and Dan Bylsma are tired of hearing the question, but that’s part of the deal. Everyone knows he’s close to getting back and since it’s been over 11 months since he’s last played a NHL game, everyone is in Christmas Eve mode anxious to see Crosby back in action.
He’ll be back soon as he’s working too hard in practice not to and as Rossi notes in his story, Crosby’s only missed one scheduled practice since he was cleared for contact in practice. Maybe it’ll be Friday, maybe it’ll be next week, maybe the week after, but it’s going to be soon nonetheless.
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 2
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 5
- Devils fire DeBoer 21
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 7
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 21
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)