Nov 7, 2011, 12:54 PM EDT
Crosby-Watch 2011 rolls on and today’s update is… That there’s not really much of an update. Instead, Crosby did his usual turn in practice and met with the press afterwards.
With the Penguins not playing again until Friday at home against Dallas and that date being preemptively circled as a potential comeback game for Sid, our curiosity is piqued and Crosby knows it. After practice, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review’s Rob Rossi caught up with Sid to get the update from the man himself.
If you’re hoping for Friday you might want to cool your jets.
Crosby addressed media speculation that he would play Friday against Dallas at Consol Energy Center.
″I guess they know more than I do,″ he said, cracking a smile.
″I haven’t really thought about that. I’ve thought more about just getting through this week. (Playing Friday) is a possibility, just like the other however many games left there are (is a possibility).″
Always secretive, always leaving us guessing, always coy. Oh you, Sid.
We’re sure the Crosby and Dan Bylsma are tired of hearing the question, but that’s part of the deal. Everyone knows he’s close to getting back and since it’s been over 11 months since he’s last played a NHL game, everyone is in Christmas Eve mode anxious to see Crosby back in action.
He’ll be back soon as he’s working too hard in practice not to and as Rossi notes in his story, Crosby’s only missed one scheduled practice since he was cleared for contact in practice. Maybe it’ll be Friday, maybe it’ll be next week, maybe the week after, but it’s going to be soon nonetheless.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (55)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)