Nov 7, 2011, 5:41 PM EDT
When you’re a 2-11-1 hockey team fresh off a 9-2 whipping, you look anywhere for good news. For the Columbus Blue Jackets, that meant the first 20 minutes of today’s practice.
Jeff Carter, out since fracturing his foot on Oct. 15, briefly skated with the team this afternoon and reports indicate his foot responded well. (“I’m just taking it one day at a time,” the foot said.) Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch said Carter will participate in a full practice on Tuesday and hasn’t yet ruled out getting back into the lineup for Thursday, when the Jackets host Chicago.
Other good news: RW Jared Boll was cleared for full contact today. Boll broke his thumb in Columbus’ final exhibition game and has missed all 14 games this season, so he’s chomping at the bit to play again. For Boll, playing usually means fighting — he scrapped 23 times last year, third most in the league — which could be really interesting given Columbus is already icing two of the NHL’s most active brawlers in Cody Bass and Derek Dorsett.
“I think they’re going to say something like they ‘advise’ me to not fight,” Boll said. “But if they throw me in a game, there’s a chance it might happen. Once I’m playing I can’t promise anyone that the gloves are going stay on.”
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 2
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 2
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 19
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (96)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)