Nov 6, 2011, 9:53 PM EDT
Revenge will have to wait for the Chicago Blackhawks. In the meantime, they should probably work on their penalty killing.
The Vancouver Canucks exploded on the power play tonight at the United Center, scoring five times in six tries on their way to hammering the home team, 6-2.
Henrik Sedin led the way for Vancouver with a goal and three assists while David Booth notched his first with his new team since being traded from Florida. The Canucks also got an unlikely goal from defenseman Aaron Rome, who was playing his first game since being suspended for the remainder of the 2011 Stanley Cup final for a late hit on Boston’s Nathan Horton.
Roberto Luongo stopped 38 of the 40 shots Chicago put on the net and recovered nicely after flubbing Michael Frolik’s first-period floater that tied the game, 1-1. It certainly could’ve ended worse for Luongo, who heard it all night from the United Center crowd, particularly after the Frolik goal. However, there was to be no meltdown this night.
But the big story was special teams. As good as the Canucks were with the man advantage, the Blackhawks were equally bad, going scoreless in their five power-play chances.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 7
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 31
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 94
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 82
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 18
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (96)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (84)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)