Nov 6, 2011, 9:53 PM EST
Revenge will have to wait for the Chicago Blackhawks. In the meantime, they should probably work on their penalty killing.
The Vancouver Canucks exploded on the power play tonight at the United Center, scoring five times in six tries on their way to hammering the home team, 6-2.
Henrik Sedin led the way for Vancouver with a goal and three assists while David Booth notched his first with his new team since being traded from Florida. The Canucks also got an unlikely goal from defenseman Aaron Rome, who was playing his first game since being suspended for the remainder of the 2011 Stanley Cup final for a late hit on Boston’s Nathan Horton.
Roberto Luongo stopped 38 of the 40 shots Chicago put on the net and recovered nicely after flubbing Michael Frolik’s first-period floater that tied the game, 1-1. It certainly could’ve ended worse for Luongo, who heard it all night from the United Center crowd, particularly after the Frolik goal. However, there was to be no meltdown this night.
But the big story was special teams. As good as the Canucks were with the man advantage, the Blackhawks were equally bad, going scoreless in their five power-play chances.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)