Nov 6, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT
Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith (hand) will miss his third straight game tonight as Chicago hosts Vancouver.
“He’s not going tonight,” coach Joel Quenneville told reporters this morning. “We’re looking for him on the next road trip.”
Chicago’s next game is Tuesday in St. Louis.
“We’ll see how they feel in the next couple days,” coach Alain Vigneault said. “If either one had been able to go, they would’ve went. It’s just both of them feel they’re not quite there, so we’ll see how they do this week.”
Meanwhile, Aaron Rome could draw in on the back end after missing the first 14 games of the season with a hand injury.
“We’ll see how he feels tonight and we’ll make that call tonight before the game,” Vigneault said of Rome. “We’ll see what we have (for pairings) if Aaron goes back in, but we need our whole group to play well. I thought in St. Louis (on Friday), for the most part it was one of our better defensive games. Against Chicago we’re going to have to be real strong without the puck and I’m confident that we can do that.”
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 0
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 31
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 30
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21