Nov 5, 2011, 11:48 AM EDT
Going through a NHL season is never easy, but the Devils are going to have life made especially rough tonight against Winnipeg. They’ll be going to battle without star winger Ilya Kovalchuk as well as top defenseman Andy Greene thanks to separate injuries.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice says that Kovalchuk is sitting it out with a pulled muscle in his leg that he doesn’t want to make worse while Greene is missing his second straight game with a lower body injury. To make things more interesting, the Devils should all tie one hand behind their backs to top it all off.
The Devils had enough issues on Thursday night keeping up with the Maple Leafs and figuring out a way to keep the Jets held down and to outscore them should be tricky enough. The main thing we’ll be eyeballing is how Zach Parise handles being without Kovalchuk. The two haven’t flourished so far this year playing together and Parise going without him tonight will make him “the man” on offense. Does he break out or do the struggles continue?
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 8
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 9
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 7
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 93
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)