Nov 4, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
The Lightning used a 2nd period hat trick from super-sniper Steven Stamkos to catapult Tampa Bay to a 5-4, come-from-behind, overtime victory over the Chicago Blackhawks. It only took Stamkos 15 seconds for Stamkos to get the 2nd period started off on the right foot for the Lightning—it was only a taste of things to come as he was on his way towards his fourth career hat trick.
Sooner or later, teams are going to realize the 2008 #1 overall draft pick really likes that one-timer from the left wing circle. Here are all three goals for your viewing pleasure.
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 0
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 64