Nov 4, 2011, 11:54 AM EDT
Brough and I were on NBC Sportstalk yesterday with Russ Thaler (who you can follow on Twitter @russthaler) discussing the four-game suspension Brendan Shanahan handed to Patrick Kaleta for his headbutt on Philly’s Jakub Voracek.
This provided an excellent opportunity say “serial headbutter” on live television:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
For the second show in a row, one of us managed to cut Russ off mid-sentence. We’ve got a real streak going here!
As for Kaleta, he spoke to the Buffalo News today about his suspension.
“Obviously, disappointing I can’t be out there with my teammates,” he said. “I was going for the puck. I was trying to push the guy off the puck…sometimes you have setbacks, but you can’t let it slow you down.”
Okay sure, I’ll buy that. Kaleta was trying to push the guy off the puck…WITH HIS HEAD. Someone should tell him the explanation would have more legitimacy if he hadn’t been caught on video (twice!) doing the same thing before.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 2
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 15
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 35
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 44
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)