Nov 4, 2011, 12:28 PM EST
Part two of our spot on NBC Sportstalk yesterday dealt with the Martin Brodeur issue in New Jersey. What’s the issue? At 39, Brodeur has spent the last three years plagued by injury and looked shaky in a loss to Toronto on Wednesday night.
Russ Thaler asked if Marty was done in New Jersey — here’s what we had to say:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
For what it’s worth, the current oldest goalies in the NHL are Dwayne Roloson (42), Brodeur (39), Nikolai Khabibulin (38), Johan Hedberg (38) and Tim Thomas (37). So yes, the Devils do currently employ two of the NHL’s four oldest netminders.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)