Nov 4, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
Part two of our spot on NBC Sportstalk yesterday dealt with the Martin Brodeur issue in New Jersey. What’s the issue? At 39, Brodeur has spent the last three years plagued by injury and looked shaky in a loss to Toronto on Wednesday night.
Russ Thaler asked if Marty was done in New Jersey — here’s what we had to say:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
For what it’s worth, the current oldest goalies in the NHL are Dwayne Roloson (42), Brodeur (39), Nikolai Khabibulin (38), Johan Hedberg (38) and Tim Thomas (37). So yes, the Devils do currently employ two of the NHL’s four oldest netminders.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)