Nov 4, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
Part two of our spot on NBC Sportstalk yesterday dealt with the Martin Brodeur issue in New Jersey. What’s the issue? At 39, Brodeur has spent the last three years plagued by injury and looked shaky in a loss to Toronto on Wednesday night.
Russ Thaler asked if Marty was done in New Jersey — here’s what we had to say:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
For what it’s worth, the current oldest goalies in the NHL are Dwayne Roloson (42), Brodeur (39), Nikolai Khabibulin (38), Johan Hedberg (38) and Tim Thomas (37). So yes, the Devils do currently employ two of the NHL’s four oldest netminders.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5