Nov 4, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
Part two of our spot on NBC Sportstalk yesterday dealt with the Martin Brodeur issue in New Jersey. What’s the issue? At 39, Brodeur has spent the last three years plagued by injury and looked shaky in a loss to Toronto on Wednesday night.
Russ Thaler asked if Marty was done in New Jersey — here’s what we had to say:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
For what it’s worth, the current oldest goalies in the NHL are Dwayne Roloson (42), Brodeur (39), Nikolai Khabibulin (38), Johan Hedberg (38) and Tim Thomas (37). So yes, the Devils do currently employ two of the NHL’s four oldest netminders.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)