Nov 4, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Sure Tyler Seguin has a Stanley Cup to his name and he was still last year’s second overall pick in the draft, but unlike his draft mate Taylor Hall, he had yet to find a way on to the Bruins’ first line and stick there.
That is until now. Seguin has been riding shotgun at left wing with Patrice Bergeron at center and Brad Marchand on right wing on the Bruins’ top line the last couple of games and CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty thinks it’s a line that will stick together for a while. With each of those three players bringing a little something different to the ice, it’s a line that offers up a little bit of everything from three talented guys.
For Seguin, finding a line that blends well together has been tough for him to do. With the first two lines initially filled out when he arrived and throughout last season, playing alongside third liners and other roustabouts was life for him. Now with the lines being shaken up in Boston by Claude Julien, he’s teamed up with an Olympic gold medalist and a champion agitator while allowing his own game to break out.
That’ll do just fine for now. If Seguin can become the Bruins’ newest elite scorer, they’ll have a lot more to thank the Maple Leafs for in the future.
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 100
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (100)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)