Nov 4, 2011, 12:46 PM EST
Sure Tyler Seguin has a Stanley Cup to his name and he was still last year’s second overall pick in the draft, but unlike his draft mate Taylor Hall, he had yet to find a way on to the Bruins’ first line and stick there.
That is until now. Seguin has been riding shotgun at left wing with Patrice Bergeron at center and Brad Marchand on right wing on the Bruins’ top line the last couple of games and CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty thinks it’s a line that will stick together for a while. With each of those three players bringing a little something different to the ice, it’s a line that offers up a little bit of everything from three talented guys.
For Seguin, finding a line that blends well together has been tough for him to do. With the first two lines initially filled out when he arrived and throughout last season, playing alongside third liners and other roustabouts was life for him. Now with the lines being shaken up in Boston by Claude Julien, he’s teamed up with an Olympic gold medalist and a champion agitator while allowing his own game to break out.
That’ll do just fine for now. If Seguin can become the Bruins’ newest elite scorer, they’ll have a lot more to thank the Maple Leafs for in the future.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 28
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)