Nov 4, 2011, 12:46 PM EST
Sure Tyler Seguin has a Stanley Cup to his name and he was still last year’s second overall pick in the draft, but unlike his draft mate Taylor Hall, he had yet to find a way on to the Bruins’ first line and stick there.
That is until now. Seguin has been riding shotgun at left wing with Patrice Bergeron at center and Brad Marchand on right wing on the Bruins’ top line the last couple of games and CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty thinks it’s a line that will stick together for a while. With each of those three players bringing a little something different to the ice, it’s a line that offers up a little bit of everything from three talented guys.
For Seguin, finding a line that blends well together has been tough for him to do. With the first two lines initially filled out when he arrived and throughout last season, playing alongside third liners and other roustabouts was life for him. Now with the lines being shaken up in Boston by Claude Julien, he’s teamed up with an Olympic gold medalist and a champion agitator while allowing his own game to break out.
That’ll do just fine for now. If Seguin can become the Bruins’ newest elite scorer, they’ll have a lot more to thank the Maple Leafs for in the future.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)