Nov 4, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Sure Tyler Seguin has a Stanley Cup to his name and he was still last year’s second overall pick in the draft, but unlike his draft mate Taylor Hall, he had yet to find a way on to the Bruins’ first line and stick there.
That is until now. Seguin has been riding shotgun at left wing with Patrice Bergeron at center and Brad Marchand on right wing on the Bruins’ top line the last couple of games and CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty thinks it’s a line that will stick together for a while. With each of those three players bringing a little something different to the ice, it’s a line that offers up a little bit of everything from three talented guys.
For Seguin, finding a line that blends well together has been tough for him to do. With the first two lines initially filled out when he arrived and throughout last season, playing alongside third liners and other roustabouts was life for him. Now with the lines being shaken up in Boston by Claude Julien, he’s teamed up with an Olympic gold medalist and a champion agitator while allowing his own game to break out.
That’ll do just fine for now. If Seguin can become the Bruins’ newest elite scorer, they’ll have a lot more to thank the Maple Leafs for in the future.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)