Nov 4, 2011, 12:46 PM EDT
Sure Tyler Seguin has a Stanley Cup to his name and he was still last year’s second overall pick in the draft, but unlike his draft mate Taylor Hall, he had yet to find a way on to the Bruins’ first line and stick there.
That is until now. Seguin has been riding shotgun at left wing with Patrice Bergeron at center and Brad Marchand on right wing on the Bruins’ top line the last couple of games and CSNNE.com’s Joe Haggerty thinks it’s a line that will stick together for a while. With each of those three players bringing a little something different to the ice, it’s a line that offers up a little bit of everything from three talented guys.
For Seguin, finding a line that blends well together has been tough for him to do. With the first two lines initially filled out when he arrived and throughout last season, playing alongside third liners and other roustabouts was life for him. Now with the lines being shaken up in Boston by Claude Julien, he’s teamed up with an Olympic gold medalist and a champion agitator while allowing his own game to break out.
That’ll do just fine for now. If Seguin can become the Bruins’ newest elite scorer, they’ll have a lot more to thank the Maple Leafs for in the future.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)