Nov 4, 2011, 11:45 PM EDT
Going into the game, the Stars were one of the best teams in the Western Conference and the Avalanche were the best road team in the league. Put them together, add some spectacular individual efforts from Matt Duchene, Loui Eriksson, and Jaime Benn, and you have the recipe for the most exciting game of the night. 13 goals later, not even a Matt Duchene hat trick could prevent the Stars from escaping with a memorable 7-6 win in overtime. Forget game of the night; it’s an early candidate for game of the year.
Who says a 13 goal game isn’t exciting? It goes to show how important the extra point can be in hockey!
Here are the moving pictures for your viewing pleasure:
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32