Nov 4, 2011, 11:45 PM EST
Going into the game, the Stars were one of the best teams in the Western Conference and the Avalanche were the best road team in the league. Put them together, add some spectacular individual efforts from Matt Duchene, Loui Eriksson, and Jaime Benn, and you have the recipe for the most exciting game of the night. 13 goals later, not even a Matt Duchene hat trick could prevent the Stars from escaping with a memorable 7-6 win in overtime. Forget game of the night; it’s an early candidate for game of the year.
Who says a 13 goal game isn’t exciting? It goes to show how important the extra point can be in hockey!
Here are the moving pictures for your viewing pleasure:
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2