Nov 3, 2011, 9:28 AM EDT
Patrick Kaleta will be hearing from Brendan Shanahan today and with his prior history it won’t likely turn out well for him.
Kaleta is getting talked to by the league thanks to his headbutting incident with Philly’s Jakub Voracek during last night’s 3-2 Flyers win. If you’re thinking that headbutts are rare, they’re nothing new for Kaleta. Last season Kaleta was fined by the NHL for attempting to headbutt Travis Zajac.
With Shanahan bringing in a new heavy hand for action, Kaleta could be looking at a short vacation for his actions on Voracek. Kaleta also has a suspension history with the NHL. Shanahan has enough material in Kaleta’s past to work with here to take action if he sees fit. Headbutting is a no-no on a few different levels.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 1
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)