Nov 3, 2011, 9:28 AM EDT
Patrick Kaleta will be hearing from Brendan Shanahan today and with his prior history it won’t likely turn out well for him.
Kaleta is getting talked to by the league thanks to his headbutting incident with Philly’s Jakub Voracek during last night’s 3-2 Flyers win. If you’re thinking that headbutts are rare, they’re nothing new for Kaleta. Last season Kaleta was fined by the NHL for attempting to headbutt Travis Zajac.
With Shanahan bringing in a new heavy hand for action, Kaleta could be looking at a short vacation for his actions on Voracek. Kaleta also has a suspension history with the NHL. Shanahan has enough material in Kaleta’s past to work with here to take action if he sees fit. Headbutting is a no-no on a few different levels.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)