Nov 3, 2011, 9:28 AM EDT
Patrick Kaleta will be hearing from Brendan Shanahan today and with his prior history it won’t likely turn out well for him.
Kaleta is getting talked to by the league thanks to his headbutting incident with Philly’s Jakub Voracek during last night’s 3-2 Flyers win. If you’re thinking that headbutts are rare, they’re nothing new for Kaleta. Last season Kaleta was fined by the NHL for attempting to headbutt Travis Zajac.
With Shanahan bringing in a new heavy hand for action, Kaleta could be looking at a short vacation for his actions on Voracek. Kaleta also has a suspension history with the NHL. Shanahan has enough material in Kaleta’s past to work with here to take action if he sees fit. Headbutting is a no-no on a few different levels.
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 0
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 39
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 17
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 60
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1