Nov 3, 2011, 9:28 AM EDT
Patrick Kaleta will be hearing from Brendan Shanahan today and with his prior history it won’t likely turn out well for him.
Kaleta is getting talked to by the league thanks to his headbutting incident with Philly’s Jakub Voracek during last night’s 3-2 Flyers win. If you’re thinking that headbutts are rare, they’re nothing new for Kaleta. Last season Kaleta was fined by the NHL for attempting to headbutt Travis Zajac.
With Shanahan bringing in a new heavy hand for action, Kaleta could be looking at a short vacation for his actions on Voracek. Kaleta also has a suspension history with the NHL. Shanahan has enough material in Kaleta’s past to work with here to take action if he sees fit. Headbutting is a no-no on a few different levels.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)