Nov 3, 2011, 7:57 PM EST
James van Riemsdyk was supposed to be in tonight’s game against the rival New Jersey Devils. But when the official lineups were announced at Wells Fargo Center, it was revealed that he had been scratched from tonight’s game. Shortly after the game started, Flyers’ GM Paul Holmgren announced that the young forward is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
Congratulations if you had the dreaded “lower-body injury,” on tonight’s edition of GM-Speak Bingo.
Here’s what we know so far: JVR was at the morning skate and even participated in the pre-game skate only twenty minutes before the drop of the opening puck. The word is that he left warm-ups early before the rest of the team exited the ice. Let the speculation begin!
You may remember the Flyers played last night in Buffalo. According to Sam Carchidi, van Riemsdyk appeared to injure his knee in a collision during the game against the Sabres. He said he was fine after the game; but the fact remains that he isn’t on the ice tonight.
Van Riemsdyk looked very good last night as he skated with rookie Sean Couturier and Jakub Voracek. Tonight, he was supposed to play with Voracek again and welcome Danny Briere to their line—but that was before the team knew JVR would be unavailable for tonight’s game.
You know what they say about the best laid plans…
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 52
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12