Nov 3, 2011, 7:57 PM EDT
James van Riemsdyk was supposed to be in tonight’s game against the rival New Jersey Devils. But when the official lineups were announced at Wells Fargo Center, it was revealed that he had been scratched from tonight’s game. Shortly after the game started, Flyers’ GM Paul Holmgren announced that the young forward is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
Congratulations if you had the dreaded “lower-body injury,” on tonight’s edition of GM-Speak Bingo.
Here’s what we know so far: JVR was at the morning skate and even participated in the pre-game skate only twenty minutes before the drop of the opening puck. The word is that he left warm-ups early before the rest of the team exited the ice. Let the speculation begin!
You may remember the Flyers played last night in Buffalo. According to Sam Carchidi, van Riemsdyk appeared to injure his knee in a collision during the game against the Sabres. He said he was fine after the game; but the fact remains that he isn’t on the ice tonight.
Van Riemsdyk looked very good last night as he skated with rookie Sean Couturier and Jakub Voracek. Tonight, he was supposed to play with Voracek again and welcome Danny Briere to their line—but that was before the team knew JVR would be unavailable for tonight’s game.
You know what they say about the best laid plans…
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 17
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)