Nov 3, 2011, 7:57 PM EDT
James van Riemsdyk was supposed to be in tonight’s game against the rival New Jersey Devils. But when the official lineups were announced at Wells Fargo Center, it was revealed that he had been scratched from tonight’s game. Shortly after the game started, Flyers’ GM Paul Holmgren announced that the young forward is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
Congratulations if you had the dreaded “lower-body injury,” on tonight’s edition of GM-Speak Bingo.
Here’s what we know so far: JVR was at the morning skate and even participated in the pre-game skate only twenty minutes before the drop of the opening puck. The word is that he left warm-ups early before the rest of the team exited the ice. Let the speculation begin!
You may remember the Flyers played last night in Buffalo. According to Sam Carchidi, van Riemsdyk appeared to injure his knee in a collision during the game against the Sabres. He said he was fine after the game; but the fact remains that he isn’t on the ice tonight.
Van Riemsdyk looked very good last night as he skated with rookie Sean Couturier and Jakub Voracek. Tonight, he was supposed to play with Voracek again and welcome Danny Briere to their line—but that was before the team knew JVR would be unavailable for tonight’s game.
You know what they say about the best laid plans…
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 7
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 57
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)