Nov 3, 2011, 7:57 PM EDT
James van Riemsdyk was supposed to be in tonight’s game against the rival New Jersey Devils. But when the official lineups were announced at Wells Fargo Center, it was revealed that he had been scratched from tonight’s game. Shortly after the game started, Flyers’ GM Paul Holmgren announced that the young forward is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
Congratulations if you had the dreaded “lower-body injury,” on tonight’s edition of GM-Speak Bingo.
Here’s what we know so far: JVR was at the morning skate and even participated in the pre-game skate only twenty minutes before the drop of the opening puck. The word is that he left warm-ups early before the rest of the team exited the ice. Let the speculation begin!
You may remember the Flyers played last night in Buffalo. According to Sam Carchidi, van Riemsdyk appeared to injure his knee in a collision during the game against the Sabres. He said he was fine after the game; but the fact remains that he isn’t on the ice tonight.
Van Riemsdyk looked very good last night as he skated with rookie Sean Couturier and Jakub Voracek. Tonight, he was supposed to play with Voracek again and welcome Danny Briere to their line—but that was before the team knew JVR would be unavailable for tonight’s game.
You know what they say about the best laid plans…
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 29
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)