Nov 3, 2011, 7:57 PM EDT
James van Riemsdyk was supposed to be in tonight’s game against the rival New Jersey Devils. But when the official lineups were announced at Wells Fargo Center, it was revealed that he had been scratched from tonight’s game. Shortly after the game started, Flyers’ GM Paul Holmgren announced that the young forward is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.
Congratulations if you had the dreaded “lower-body injury,” on tonight’s edition of GM-Speak Bingo.
Here’s what we know so far: JVR was at the morning skate and even participated in the pre-game skate only twenty minutes before the drop of the opening puck. The word is that he left warm-ups early before the rest of the team exited the ice. Let the speculation begin!
You may remember the Flyers played last night in Buffalo. According to Sam Carchidi, van Riemsdyk appeared to injure his knee in a collision during the game against the Sabres. He said he was fine after the game; but the fact remains that he isn’t on the ice tonight.
Van Riemsdyk looked very good last night as he skated with rookie Sean Couturier and Jakub Voracek. Tonight, he was supposed to play with Voracek again and welcome Danny Briere to their line—but that was before the team knew JVR would be unavailable for tonight’s game.
You know what they say about the best laid plans…
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32