Nov 3, 2011, 9:08 AM EST
The Dallas Stars sale is a one man race as Vancouver businessman Tom Gaglardi is reported to be the only person to put a bid in for the team. Forbes.com’s Mike Ozanian reports that while the process for bids on the team was open to anyone willing to throw in on them, Gaglardi was the only guy to do so.
The process of selling the team is an exhaustive one but one that has a simple and eventual finish. While the team will be put through the bankruptcy process thanks to former owner Tom Hicks being terrible about managing his properties, the eventual end game here is that Gaglardi will buy the team and allow the Stars to operate like a normal franchise again instead of like the apprentice to the Coyotes.
The final sale price for the Stars is set to be around $260-$270 million which will take care of their debts, Hicks’ other issues, as well as half the price for American Airlines Arena where the Stars play. That’s a lot of hooch for a hockey team but in the case of the Stars, getting their ownership stuff figured out and allowing them to operate normally should help bring the rabid Stars fanbase back.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 16
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 28
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 20
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 53
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 52
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 58
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 16
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)