Nov 3, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
Brian Campbell is enjoying the weather in Florida. Hopefully the redhead’s wearing lots of sunscreen.
Campbell will face his old Chicago teammates tonight at the BankAtlantic Center, where the Panthers will look to bounce back from Monday’s tough shootout loss to the Jets. And if they don’t, well, at least it’s nice out. Golf tomorrow? Maybe hit a patio?
“I was going to practice [Wednesday] in shorts and a T-shirt, and I kind of looked up at the sky and said, ‘I love it,’” he told the Sun-Times. “It’s pretty easy to take. The weather has been the bonus of the whole fact of being able to play with a good organization and good guys.”
Campbell had two more assists against Winnipeg to give him a total of 11 in 11 games. Eight of his helpers have come on the power play, leading one to wonder if Chicago’s struggles with the man advantage are in part related to his absence.
It’s not just the warm weather that has Campbell pumped about life in Florida. He’s also excited about his new team.
“I think the attitude has changed a lot from what I’ve heard in years past, which has been good. It’s been positive,” he said. “It’s nice to have a new coach [Kevin Dineen] coming in. Everybody is on the same foot that way with a new coach. He can implement his game plan and what he wants to do. It’s brought a new attitude here with the changes.”
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)