Nov 3, 2011, 1:08 PM EST
Brian Campbell is enjoying the weather in Florida. Hopefully the redhead’s wearing lots of sunscreen.
Campbell will face his old Chicago teammates tonight at the BankAtlantic Center, where the Panthers will look to bounce back from Monday’s tough shootout loss to the Jets. And if they don’t, well, at least it’s nice out. Golf tomorrow? Maybe hit a patio?
“I was going to practice [Wednesday] in shorts and a T-shirt, and I kind of looked up at the sky and said, ‘I love it,’” he told the Sun-Times. “It’s pretty easy to take. The weather has been the bonus of the whole fact of being able to play with a good organization and good guys.”
Campbell had two more assists against Winnipeg to give him a total of 11 in 11 games. Eight of his helpers have come on the power play, leading one to wonder if Chicago’s struggles with the man advantage are in part related to his absence.
It’s not just the warm weather that has Campbell pumped about life in Florida. He’s also excited about his new team.
“I think the attitude has changed a lot from what I’ve heard in years past, which has been good. It’s been positive,” he said. “It’s nice to have a new coach [Kevin Dineen] coming in. Everybody is on the same foot that way with a new coach. He can implement his game plan and what he wants to do. It’s brought a new attitude here with the changes.”
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 2
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 25
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 22
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 28
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 10
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)