Nov 3, 2011, 1:08 PM EST
Brian Campbell is enjoying the weather in Florida. Hopefully the redhead’s wearing lots of sunscreen.
Campbell will face his old Chicago teammates tonight at the BankAtlantic Center, where the Panthers will look to bounce back from Monday’s tough shootout loss to the Jets. And if they don’t, well, at least it’s nice out. Golf tomorrow? Maybe hit a patio?
“I was going to practice [Wednesday] in shorts and a T-shirt, and I kind of looked up at the sky and said, ‘I love it,’” he told the Sun-Times. “It’s pretty easy to take. The weather has been the bonus of the whole fact of being able to play with a good organization and good guys.”
Campbell had two more assists against Winnipeg to give him a total of 11 in 11 games. Eight of his helpers have come on the power play, leading one to wonder if Chicago’s struggles with the man advantage are in part related to his absence.
It’s not just the warm weather that has Campbell pumped about life in Florida. He’s also excited about his new team.
“I think the attitude has changed a lot from what I’ve heard in years past, which has been good. It’s been positive,” he said. “It’s nice to have a new coach [Kevin Dineen] coming in. Everybody is on the same foot that way with a new coach. He can implement his game plan and what he wants to do. It’s brought a new attitude here with the changes.”
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54