Nov 3, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
Brian Campbell is enjoying the weather in Florida. Hopefully the redhead’s wearing lots of sunscreen.
Campbell will face his old Chicago teammates tonight at the BankAtlantic Center, where the Panthers will look to bounce back from Monday’s tough shootout loss to the Jets. And if they don’t, well, at least it’s nice out. Golf tomorrow? Maybe hit a patio?
“I was going to practice [Wednesday] in shorts and a T-shirt, and I kind of looked up at the sky and said, ‘I love it,’” he told the Sun-Times. “It’s pretty easy to take. The weather has been the bonus of the whole fact of being able to play with a good organization and good guys.”
Campbell had two more assists against Winnipeg to give him a total of 11 in 11 games. Eight of his helpers have come on the power play, leading one to wonder if Chicago’s struggles with the man advantage are in part related to his absence.
It’s not just the warm weather that has Campbell pumped about life in Florida. He’s also excited about his new team.
“I think the attitude has changed a lot from what I’ve heard in years past, which has been good. It’s been positive,” he said. “It’s nice to have a new coach [Kevin Dineen] coming in. Everybody is on the same foot that way with a new coach. He can implement his game plan and what he wants to do. It’s brought a new attitude here with the changes.”
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 0
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 12
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 26
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 46
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Live Extra: Watch Blackhawks-Red Wings Game 3
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball