Nov 3, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
Brian Campbell is enjoying the weather in Florida. Hopefully the redhead’s wearing lots of sunscreen.
Campbell will face his old Chicago teammates tonight at the BankAtlantic Center, where the Panthers will look to bounce back from Monday’s tough shootout loss to the Jets. And if they don’t, well, at least it’s nice out. Golf tomorrow? Maybe hit a patio?
“I was going to practice [Wednesday] in shorts and a T-shirt, and I kind of looked up at the sky and said, ‘I love it,’” he told the Sun-Times. “It’s pretty easy to take. The weather has been the bonus of the whole fact of being able to play with a good organization and good guys.”
Campbell had two more assists against Winnipeg to give him a total of 11 in 11 games. Eight of his helpers have come on the power play, leading one to wonder if Chicago’s struggles with the man advantage are in part related to his absence.
It’s not just the warm weather that has Campbell pumped about life in Florida. He’s also excited about his new team.
“I think the attitude has changed a lot from what I’ve heard in years past, which has been good. It’s been positive,” he said. “It’s nice to have a new coach [Kevin Dineen] coming in. Everybody is on the same foot that way with a new coach. He can implement his game plan and what he wants to do. It’s brought a new attitude here with the changes.”
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (42)