Nov 3, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
“It’s OK. Not great. It’s the first time I’ve had a concussion and it feels different,” said Alfredsson, as reported by the Ottawa Sun. “I haven’t really had any headaches, which is good, but I still have symptoms. I haven’t done any exercise since Saturday.”
Alfredsson, 38, has no idea when he’ll be able to play again and is struggling with dizziness and light-headedness.
When asked about the NHL’s decision not to suspend Wolski, Alfredsson said he understood it, although he didn’t “totally agree” with it. He also shouldered some of the blame for the play.
“I could have avoided it if I’m more aware,” said Alfredsson. “It’s always the responsibility of the player.”
Personally I think Alfie’s being too hard on himself. That was a sneaky dirty play by Wolski and I was surprised Brendan Shanahan let it go.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)