Nov 3, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
“It’s OK. Not great. It’s the first time I’ve had a concussion and it feels different,” said Alfredsson, as reported by the Ottawa Sun. “I haven’t really had any headaches, which is good, but I still have symptoms. I haven’t done any exercise since Saturday.”
Alfredsson, 38, has no idea when he’ll be able to play again and is struggling with dizziness and light-headedness.
When asked about the NHL’s decision not to suspend Wolski, Alfredsson said he understood it, although he didn’t “totally agree” with it. He also shouldered some of the blame for the play.
“I could have avoided it if I’m more aware,” said Alfredsson. “It’s always the responsibility of the player.”
Personally I think Alfie’s being too hard on himself. That was a sneaky dirty play by Wolski and I was surprised Brendan Shanahan let it go.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 1
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 70
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 30
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 53
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 34
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (70)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (53)