Nov 3, 2011, 1:42 PM EDT
“It’s OK. Not great. It’s the first time I’ve had a concussion and it feels different,” said Alfredsson, as reported by the Ottawa Sun. “I haven’t really had any headaches, which is good, but I still have symptoms. I haven’t done any exercise since Saturday.”
Alfredsson, 38, has no idea when he’ll be able to play again and is struggling with dizziness and light-headedness.
When asked about the NHL’s decision not to suspend Wolski, Alfredsson said he understood it, although he didn’t “totally agree” with it. He also shouldered some of the blame for the play.
“I could have avoided it if I’m more aware,” said Alfredsson. “It’s always the responsibility of the player.”
Personally I think Alfie’s being too hard on himself. That was a sneaky dirty play by Wolski and I was surprised Brendan Shanahan let it go.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (70)