Nov 2, 2011, 2:58 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have sent home D Tobias Enstrom from their current seven-game road trip with an upper-body injury. Enstrom suffered the injury during Monday’s 4-3 shootout win over the Florida Panthers on a hit from Jack Skille:
While the NHL deemed the hit legal and didn’t subject it to further review, it remained a contentious one. Dustin Byfuglien and Andrew Ladd both dropped the mitts with Skille while the Winnipeg Free Press suggested Enstrom “was hunched over and appeared defenseless when Skille tagged him” and that the Jets didn’t like the hit at all.
Enstrom is the third player lost to a high hit over the last few days. Ottawa captain Daniel Alfredsson has missed time after getting nailed by New York’s Wojtek Wolski and Nashville’s Mike Fisher was lost to a crushing blow from Anaheim’s Francois Beauchemin.
As for Enstrom: He’ll miss at least the next four games as the Jets continue their roadie in Long Island, New Jersey, New York and Buffalo. They’re set to return to Winnipeg on Nov. 10 to take on — guess who? — Skille and the Panthers.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 1
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 20
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 39
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)