Nov 2, 2011, 2:58 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have sent home D Tobias Enstrom from their current seven-game road trip with an upper-body injury. Enstrom suffered the injury during Monday’s 4-3 shootout win over the Florida Panthers on a hit from Jack Skille:
While the NHL deemed the hit legal and didn’t subject it to further review, it remained a contentious one. Dustin Byfuglien and Andrew Ladd both dropped the mitts with Skille while the Winnipeg Free Press suggested Enstrom “was hunched over and appeared defenseless when Skille tagged him” and that the Jets didn’t like the hit at all.
Enstrom is the third player lost to a high hit over the last few days. Ottawa captain Daniel Alfredsson has missed time after getting nailed by New York’s Wojtek Wolski and Nashville’s Mike Fisher was lost to a crushing blow from Anaheim’s Francois Beauchemin.
As for Enstrom: He’ll miss at least the next four games as the Jets continue their roadie in Long Island, New Jersey, New York and Buffalo. They’re set to return to Winnipeg on Nov. 10 to take on — guess who? — Skille and the Panthers.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)