Nov 2, 2011, 2:58 PM EDT
The Winnipeg Jets have sent home D Tobias Enstrom from their current seven-game road trip with an upper-body injury. Enstrom suffered the injury during Monday’s 4-3 shootout win over the Florida Panthers on a hit from Jack Skille:
While the NHL deemed the hit legal and didn’t subject it to further review, it remained a contentious one. Dustin Byfuglien and Andrew Ladd both dropped the mitts with Skille while the Winnipeg Free Press suggested Enstrom “was hunched over and appeared defenseless when Skille tagged him” and that the Jets didn’t like the hit at all.
Enstrom is the third player lost to a high hit over the last few days. Ottawa captain Daniel Alfredsson has missed time after getting nailed by New York’s Wojtek Wolski and Nashville’s Mike Fisher was lost to a crushing blow from Anaheim’s Francois Beauchemin.
As for Enstrom: He’ll miss at least the next four games as the Jets continue their roadie in Long Island, New Jersey, New York and Buffalo. They’re set to return to Winnipeg on Nov. 10 to take on — guess who? — Skille and the Panthers.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 32
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10