Nov 2, 2011, 12:14 PM EST
The Hurricanes are hoping to keep it relevant early this season and losing guys to injury won’t help that. While they’ve got young hopeful Zac Dalpe slowly recovering, they’re going to lose Jussi Jokinen now for the next 3-4 weeks thanks to a leg injury.
Jokinen is one of their better penalty killers and shorthanded threat to score. He’s also one of their top six forwards on a team that’s trying to get consistent. Having to fall back on younger guys consistently the way the Hurricanes do gets in the way of all that while giving their youth a shot to prove their NHL worth.
Where this will really hurt is in scoring as Jokinen is second on the team in points to start the year. While Eric Staal is still trying to get himself going, Jeff Skinner has avoided the sophomore slump to lead the way. They need all their stars rolling to be winners and losing Jokinen will prove to be test enough for the ‘Canes.
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 56
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (160)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)