Nov 2, 2011, 1:08 PM EDT
Edmonton Oilers center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, the 18-year-old who scored a goal in his first NHL game and led all rookies in scoring with 11 points (five goals, six assists) in 11 games, has been named the NHL Rookie of the Month for October.
Today has been a pretty “sick” day for RNH (do kids still say sick? I want to stay relevant.) In addition to edging out fellow rookies for the award — Nashville’s Craig Smith (Nashville, 4G-5A-9PTS), Buffalo’s Luke Adam (3-6-10), Ottawa’s Colin Greening (4-4-8) and Colorado’s Gabriel Landeskog (4-3-7) — the Nuge is about to embark on his first professional road trip as the Oilers visit Los Angeles, Phoenix, Montreal, Boston, Detroit and Chicago over the next 12 days.
We look forward to hearing how the Chicago Hilton has the best pillows for making forts.
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 9
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 2
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 13
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 9
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 34
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 16
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)