Nov 2, 2011, 1:08 PM EST
Edmonton Oilers center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, the 18-year-old who scored a goal in his first NHL game and led all rookies in scoring with 11 points (five goals, six assists) in 11 games, has been named the NHL Rookie of the Month for October.
Today has been a pretty “sick” day for RNH (do kids still say sick? I want to stay relevant.) In addition to edging out fellow rookies for the award — Nashville’s Craig Smith (Nashville, 4G-5A-9PTS), Buffalo’s Luke Adam (3-6-10), Ottawa’s Colin Greening (4-4-8) and Colorado’s Gabriel Landeskog (4-3-7) — the Nuge is about to embark on his first professional road trip as the Oilers visit Los Angeles, Phoenix, Montreal, Boston, Detroit and Chicago over the next 12 days.
We look forward to hearing how the Chicago Hilton has the best pillows for making forts.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)