Nov 2, 2011, 11:24 AM EDT
Brodeur’s wonky shoulder has kept him out of action since October 13 against the Kings when he left that start after a period. While coach Peter De Boer hasn’t said Brodeur gets the nod yet tonight, according to Gulitti, Brodeur went through practice doing everything that the starting goalie would do on a game day skate.
Brodeur getting to face a Leafs team that’s got the league’s leading scorer in Phil Kessel gives him a warm welcome back to action. Expect the Leafs to be buzzing tonight. While Brodeur has been out, Johan Hedberg has played great in his spot. If Brodeur struggles at all tonight or has a relapse, Hedberg will be there to buoy the ship. The league’s oldest goalie tandem has the chance to be both brittle and great all the same.
While Brodeur isn’t the same guy who has dominated in the past, he’s certainly capable of being the top guy just the same. The Leafs will put him to the test tonight.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 16
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 71
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 66
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (71)