Nov 2, 2011, 11:24 AM EDT
Brodeur’s wonky shoulder has kept him out of action since October 13 against the Kings when he left that start after a period. While coach Peter De Boer hasn’t said Brodeur gets the nod yet tonight, according to Gulitti, Brodeur went through practice doing everything that the starting goalie would do on a game day skate.
Brodeur getting to face a Leafs team that’s got the league’s leading scorer in Phil Kessel gives him a warm welcome back to action. Expect the Leafs to be buzzing tonight. While Brodeur has been out, Johan Hedberg has played great in his spot. If Brodeur struggles at all tonight or has a relapse, Hedberg will be there to buoy the ship. The league’s oldest goalie tandem has the chance to be both brittle and great all the same.
While Brodeur isn’t the same guy who has dominated in the past, he’s certainly capable of being the top guy just the same. The Leafs will put him to the test tonight.
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 21
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 39
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 90
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (90)