Nov 2, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
Via the NHL comes news that the Boston-Detroit game on Friday, Nov. 25, will be called the 2011 Discover NHL Thanksgiving Showdown. The game can be seen at 1 pm ET on the most handsome network in the world, NBC. (Home of the new show, Betty White’s Off Their Rockers!)
But that’s not all. Discover is also teaming up with the NHL to enter a float into the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The float, featuring a live performance of Grammy®-Award winning artist Cee-Lo Green, is 36 feet long by 20 feet wide and is designed to reflect a fall hockey theme. Also created to showcase the Discover and NHL partnership, the float will feature NHL stars from the past, a synthetic ice rink, a 12 foot tall turkey that serves as a hockey goal, plus an assortment of colorful fall décor.
Cee-Lo Green? Former NHL stars? Synthetic ice rink? An enormous turkey? And colorful fall décor? I’ll go out on a limb and guarantee you won’t see a float like that again. I’m not even sure a float like that is legal.
Anyway, you should watch the 2011 Discover NHL Thanksgiving Showdown (live on NBC!) between the Boston Bruins and Detroit Red Wings. It is sure to be a good hockey game.
And now, a message from Discover.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50