Nov 2, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
Via the NHL comes news that the Boston-Detroit game on Friday, Nov. 25, will be called the 2011 Discover NHL Thanksgiving Showdown. The game can be seen at 1 pm ET on the most handsome network in the world, NBC. (Home of the new show, Betty White’s Off Their Rockers!)
But that’s not all. Discover is also teaming up with the NHL to enter a float into the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The float, featuring a live performance of Grammy®-Award winning artist Cee-Lo Green, is 36 feet long by 20 feet wide and is designed to reflect a fall hockey theme. Also created to showcase the Discover and NHL partnership, the float will feature NHL stars from the past, a synthetic ice rink, a 12 foot tall turkey that serves as a hockey goal, plus an assortment of colorful fall décor.
Cee-Lo Green? Former NHL stars? Synthetic ice rink? An enormous turkey? And colorful fall décor? I’ll go out on a limb and guarantee you won’t see a float like that again. I’m not even sure a float like that is legal.
Anyway, you should watch the 2011 Discover NHL Thanksgiving Showdown (live on NBC!) between the Boston Bruins and Detroit Red Wings. It is sure to be a good hockey game.
And now, a message from Discover.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)