Nov 2, 2011, 3:19 PM EDT
Via the NHL comes news that the Boston-Detroit game on Friday, Nov. 25, will be called the 2011 Discover NHL Thanksgiving Showdown. The game can be seen at 1 pm ET on the most handsome network in the world, NBC. (Home of the new show, Betty White’s Off Their Rockers!)
But that’s not all. Discover is also teaming up with the NHL to enter a float into the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The float, featuring a live performance of Grammy®-Award winning artist Cee-Lo Green, is 36 feet long by 20 feet wide and is designed to reflect a fall hockey theme. Also created to showcase the Discover and NHL partnership, the float will feature NHL stars from the past, a synthetic ice rink, a 12 foot tall turkey that serves as a hockey goal, plus an assortment of colorful fall décor.
Cee-Lo Green? Former NHL stars? Synthetic ice rink? An enormous turkey? And colorful fall décor? I’ll go out on a limb and guarantee you won’t see a float like that again. I’m not even sure a float like that is legal.
Anyway, you should watch the 2011 Discover NHL Thanksgiving Showdown (live on NBC!) between the Boston Bruins and Detroit Red Wings. It is sure to be a good hockey game.
And now, a message from Discover.
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 0
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 26
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 48
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 80
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires