Nov 2, 2011, 3:19 PM EST
Via the NHL comes news that the Boston-Detroit game on Friday, Nov. 25, will be called the 2011 Discover NHL Thanksgiving Showdown. The game can be seen at 1 pm ET on the most handsome network in the world, NBC. (Home of the new show, Betty White’s Off Their Rockers!)
But that’s not all. Discover is also teaming up with the NHL to enter a float into the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The float, featuring a live performance of Grammy®-Award winning artist Cee-Lo Green, is 36 feet long by 20 feet wide and is designed to reflect a fall hockey theme. Also created to showcase the Discover and NHL partnership, the float will feature NHL stars from the past, a synthetic ice rink, a 12 foot tall turkey that serves as a hockey goal, plus an assortment of colorful fall décor.
Cee-Lo Green? Former NHL stars? Synthetic ice rink? An enormous turkey? And colorful fall décor? I’ll go out on a limb and guarantee you won’t see a float like that again. I’m not even sure a float like that is legal.
Anyway, you should watch the 2011 Discover NHL Thanksgiving Showdown (live on NBC!) between the Boston Bruins and Detroit Red Wings. It is sure to be a good hockey game.
And now, a message from Discover.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 71
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 87
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (87)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (80)