Nov 2, 2011, 3:19 PM EST
Via the NHL comes news that the Boston-Detroit game on Friday, Nov. 25, will be called the 2011 Discover NHL Thanksgiving Showdown. The game can be seen at 1 pm ET on the most handsome network in the world, NBC. (Home of the new show, Betty White’s Off Their Rockers!)
But that’s not all. Discover is also teaming up with the NHL to enter a float into the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The float, featuring a live performance of Grammy®-Award winning artist Cee-Lo Green, is 36 feet long by 20 feet wide and is designed to reflect a fall hockey theme. Also created to showcase the Discover and NHL partnership, the float will feature NHL stars from the past, a synthetic ice rink, a 12 foot tall turkey that serves as a hockey goal, plus an assortment of colorful fall décor.
Cee-Lo Green? Former NHL stars? Synthetic ice rink? An enormous turkey? And colorful fall décor? I’ll go out on a limb and guarantee you won’t see a float like that again. I’m not even sure a float like that is legal.
Anyway, you should watch the 2011 Discover NHL Thanksgiving Showdown (live on NBC!) between the Boston Bruins and Detroit Red Wings. It is sure to be a good hockey game.
And now, a message from Discover.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)