Nov 2, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith sat out practice today with a sore left hand and won’t play tomorrow in Florida.
Keith suffered the hand injury when blocking a shot midway through Monday’s 5-4 OT win over Nashville.
In the meantime, it’s going to be a big challenge for the Blackhawks to replace the 25 to 28 minutes Keith typically plays each night. What’s more, they’re not used to being without their best defenseman, who hasn’t missed a game since 2008-09.
“When you’re missing a player like Duncan, it’s always a tough loss,” winger Marian Hossa told the Chicago Sun-Times. “He won the Norris Trophy. He’s the top defenseman on our team. Somebody else is going to have to step up, and somebody else will get more minutes.”
The Blackhawks have another game Friday in Tampa Bay, so they could very well be without Keith for at least the next two games.
Maybe now Steve Montador will get to play more than 15 minutes a night. Only paying the guy $2.75 million a year.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 9
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 15
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)