Nov 2, 2011, 2:06 PM EDT
Blackhawks defenseman Duncan Keith sat out practice today with a sore left hand and won’t play tomorrow in Florida.
Keith suffered the hand injury when blocking a shot midway through Monday’s 5-4 OT win over Nashville.
In the meantime, it’s going to be a big challenge for the Blackhawks to replace the 25 to 28 minutes Keith typically plays each night. What’s more, they’re not used to being without their best defenseman, who hasn’t missed a game since 2008-09.
“When you’re missing a player like Duncan, it’s always a tough loss,” winger Marian Hossa told the Chicago Sun-Times. “He won the Norris Trophy. He’s the top defenseman on our team. Somebody else is going to have to step up, and somebody else will get more minutes.”
The Blackhawks have another game Friday in Tampa Bay, so they could very well be without Keith for at least the next two games.
Maybe now Steve Montador will get to play more than 15 minutes a night. Only paying the guy $2.75 million a year.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 5
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 8
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 6
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 89
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (93)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)