Nov 2, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT
The heroic return of Sean Avery to the Rangers’ line-up will have to wait. The recently-recalled forward won’t play tomorrow versus the Ducks at Madison Square Garden.
With the Rangers coming off Monday’s 5-2 victory over the San Jose Sharks, Avery himself concedes there’s no need to shake things up. That being said, he can’t wait for his debut.
“I love every game I’ve ever played for this team,” Avery said, as reported by NorthJersey.com. “I love walking into the building. I’m definitely excited about playing in the new building. I just want to help these guys win. I just want to play my game and play as hard as I can and help them win. I talked to the coaches, I didn’t skate because of re-entry waivers for a couple of days and, you know, really the guys played pretty last game and had a big win so I wouldn’t change the line-up.”
Avery’s next chance to draw into the line-up will come Saturday when the Rangers host the Canadiens. And really, a Saturday night at MSG against an Original Six team is a far better time for Avery to be reunited with his fans than a boring weeknight affair with the Ducks. Everyone will be much, much drunker.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21