Nov 2, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT
The heroic return of Sean Avery to the Rangers’ line-up will have to wait. The recently-recalled forward won’t play tomorrow versus the Ducks at Madison Square Garden.
With the Rangers coming off Monday’s 5-2 victory over the San Jose Sharks, Avery himself concedes there’s no need to shake things up. That being said, he can’t wait for his debut.
“I love every game I’ve ever played for this team,” Avery said, as reported by NorthJersey.com. “I love walking into the building. I’m definitely excited about playing in the new building. I just want to help these guys win. I just want to play my game and play as hard as I can and help them win. I talked to the coaches, I didn’t skate because of re-entry waivers for a couple of days and, you know, really the guys played pretty last game and had a big win so I wouldn’t change the line-up.”
Avery’s next chance to draw into the line-up will come Saturday when the Rangers host the Canadiens. And really, a Saturday night at MSG against an Original Six team is a far better time for Avery to be reunited with his fans than a boring weeknight affair with the Ducks. Everyone will be much, much drunker.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 11
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 20
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)