Nov 2, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT
The heroic return of Sean Avery to the Rangers’ line-up will have to wait. The recently-recalled forward won’t play tomorrow versus the Ducks at Madison Square Garden.
With the Rangers coming off Monday’s 5-2 victory over the San Jose Sharks, Avery himself concedes there’s no need to shake things up. That being said, he can’t wait for his debut.
“I love every game I’ve ever played for this team,” Avery said, as reported by NorthJersey.com. “I love walking into the building. I’m definitely excited about playing in the new building. I just want to help these guys win. I just want to play my game and play as hard as I can and help them win. I talked to the coaches, I didn’t skate because of re-entry waivers for a couple of days and, you know, really the guys played pretty last game and had a big win so I wouldn’t change the line-up.”
Avery’s next chance to draw into the line-up will come Saturday when the Rangers host the Canadiens. And really, a Saturday night at MSG against an Original Six team is a far better time for Avery to be reunited with his fans than a boring weeknight affair with the Ducks. Everyone will be much, much drunker.
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 0
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 15
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 6
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 37
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 90
- Torres won’t appeal suspension, Sharks call punishment ‘grossly unfair’ 10
- Flyers owner Snider: ‘I didn’t pick Bryz’ 60
- Sens’ MacLean, Ducks’ Boudreau, Hawks’ Quenneville are Jack Adams finalists 23
- Playoffs Tonight: ‘Pesky’ Sens fight to even series vs Pens 18
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (90)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)