Nov 2, 2011, 2:40 PM EDT
The heroic return of Sean Avery to the Rangers’ line-up will have to wait. The recently-recalled forward won’t play tomorrow versus the Ducks at Madison Square Garden.
With the Rangers coming off Monday’s 5-2 victory over the San Jose Sharks, Avery himself concedes there’s no need to shake things up. That being said, he can’t wait for his debut.
“I love every game I’ve ever played for this team,” Avery said, as reported by NorthJersey.com. “I love walking into the building. I’m definitely excited about playing in the new building. I just want to help these guys win. I just want to play my game and play as hard as I can and help them win. I talked to the coaches, I didn’t skate because of re-entry waivers for a couple of days and, you know, really the guys played pretty last game and had a big win so I wouldn’t change the line-up.”
Avery’s next chance to draw into the line-up will come Saturday when the Rangers host the Canadiens. And really, a Saturday night at MSG against an Original Six team is a far better time for Avery to be reunited with his fans than a boring weeknight affair with the Ducks. Everyone will be much, much drunker.
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 22
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 6
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 16
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 23
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 49
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 20
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 92
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)