Nov 1, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
You may not have noticed it last night in the Panthers’ game against the Winnipeg Jets, but Tomas Fleischmann was in costume. He was playing the part of Dr. Evil and when he threatened to fire the frickin’ laser past Pavelec, no one believed him.
Well they should’ve as his supremely accurate wrister found its way past Pavelec and into the net to give Florida a 3-2 lead in the third. The Jets went on to win in a shootout 4-3.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 22
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 113
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17