Nov 1, 2011, 3:26 PM EDT
The Flyers defenseman has been sidelined with an eye injury since Oct. 24.
According to GM Paul Holmgren, Pronger is progressing nicely in his recovery.
“The hope is if things run well maybe [Wednesday] and Thursday he can skate on his own, then maybe he can skate with the team on Friday,” said Holmgren. “That’s the hope. We’ll see how that goes.”
The Flyers are 1-2-0 without Pronger. After surrendering 14 goals in their first two games minus the future Hall-of-Famer, they beat the Hurricanes, 5-1, on Saturday.
Pronger will miss at least the next two games, Wednesday at Buffalo and Thursday versus New Jersey.
Philadelphia hosts Columbus on Saturday and is in Tampa Bay next Wednesday. Maybe he’ll be ready for the Jackets, but the Lightning game seems like a more reasonable return date.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 3
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 4
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 29
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 24
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 61
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12