Nov 1, 2011, 3:26 PM EDT
The Flyers defenseman has been sidelined with an eye injury since Oct. 24.
According to GM Paul Holmgren, Pronger is progressing nicely in his recovery.
“The hope is if things run well maybe [Wednesday] and Thursday he can skate on his own, then maybe he can skate with the team on Friday,” said Holmgren. “That’s the hope. We’ll see how that goes.”
The Flyers are 1-2-0 without Pronger. After surrendering 14 goals in their first two games minus the future Hall-of-Famer, they beat the Hurricanes, 5-1, on Saturday.
Pronger will miss at least the next two games, Wednesday at Buffalo and Thursday versus New Jersey.
Philadelphia hosts Columbus on Saturday and is in Tampa Bay next Wednesday. Maybe he’ll be ready for the Jackets, but the Lightning game seems like a more reasonable return date.
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 0
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 1
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 12
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 26
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)