Nov 1, 2011, 3:26 PM EDT
The Flyers defenseman has been sidelined with an eye injury since Oct. 24.
According to GM Paul Holmgren, Pronger is progressing nicely in his recovery.
“The hope is if things run well maybe [Wednesday] and Thursday he can skate on his own, then maybe he can skate with the team on Friday,” said Holmgren. “That’s the hope. We’ll see how that goes.”
The Flyers are 1-2-0 without Pronger. After surrendering 14 goals in their first two games minus the future Hall-of-Famer, they beat the Hurricanes, 5-1, on Saturday.
Pronger will miss at least the next two games, Wednesday at Buffalo and Thursday versus New Jersey.
Philadelphia hosts Columbus on Saturday and is in Tampa Bay next Wednesday. Maybe he’ll be ready for the Jackets, but the Lightning game seems like a more reasonable return date.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 8
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 35
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)