Nov 1, 2011, 3:26 PM EDT
The Flyers defenseman has been sidelined with an eye injury since Oct. 24.
According to GM Paul Holmgren, Pronger is progressing nicely in his recovery.
“The hope is if things run well maybe [Wednesday] and Thursday he can skate on his own, then maybe he can skate with the team on Friday,” said Holmgren. “That’s the hope. We’ll see how that goes.”
The Flyers are 1-2-0 without Pronger. After surrendering 14 goals in their first two games minus the future Hall-of-Famer, they beat the Hurricanes, 5-1, on Saturday.
Pronger will miss at least the next two games, Wednesday at Buffalo and Thursday versus New Jersey.
Philadelphia hosts Columbus on Saturday and is in Tampa Bay next Wednesday. Maybe he’ll be ready for the Jackets, but the Lightning game seems like a more reasonable return date.
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 33
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 13
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 93
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 17
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)