Nov 1, 2011, 3:26 PM EST
The Flyers defenseman has been sidelined with an eye injury since Oct. 24.
According to GM Paul Holmgren, Pronger is progressing nicely in his recovery.
“The hope is if things run well maybe [Wednesday] and Thursday he can skate on his own, then maybe he can skate with the team on Friday,” said Holmgren. “That’s the hope. We’ll see how that goes.”
The Flyers are 1-2-0 without Pronger. After surrendering 14 goals in their first two games minus the future Hall-of-Famer, they beat the Hurricanes, 5-1, on Saturday.
Pronger will miss at least the next two games, Wednesday at Buffalo and Thursday versus New Jersey.
Philadelphia hosts Columbus on Saturday and is in Tampa Bay next Wednesday. Maybe he’ll be ready for the Jackets, but the Lightning game seems like a more reasonable return date.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)